General Knowledge of System

I am a bit lost. Have not yet found documentation. Any pointer to this end would be helpful.

To start I do have a few questions that are more conceptual. We are working on the Drupal 7 mautic module. Ben is in charge of this but we have an intern that will be doing most of the day to day on this project. I am formatting the issue/work documentation for the intern and Ben. We have managed to make an API connection between the module and our mautic account. I guess my questions at this point are more generic.

I work within the mautic system to provide information concerning team members, lead fields, marketing effort plans and point values (from lesson one). When I develop this it seems as though it could mean we are managing two different systems one as the Drupal Application and the Mautic Application. Giving the API connects the two what are the goals for the API connections?

1. Will the Mautic system be aware of Drupal Forms and related fields,
  2. will we need to somehow bring in the web forms from Mautic into the Drupal site or
  3. are the two going to be two separate systems??

I guess the overriding question is how are the two systems expected to work together as a broader overview.

I am a bit lost. Have not yet found documentation. Any pointer to this end would be helpful.

To start I do have a few questions that are more conceptual. We are working on the Drupal 7 mautic module. Ben is in charge of this but we have an intern that will be doing most of the day to day on this project. I am formatting the issue/work documentation for the intern and Ben. We have managed to make an API connection between the module and our mautic account. I guess my questions at this point are more generic.

I work within the mautic system to provide information concerning team members, lead fields, marketing effort plans and point values (from lesson one). When I develop this it seems as though it could mean we are managing two different systems one as the Drupal Application and the Mautic Application. Giving the API connects the two what are the goals for the API connections?

1. Will the Mautic system be aware of Drupal Forms and related fields,
  2. will we need to somehow bring in the web forms from Mautic into the Drupal site or
  3. are the two going to be two separate systems??

I guess the overriding question is how are the two systems expected to work together as a broader overview.

I’m in a similary situation. In my case i recive some information through the mail but i like find more specific documentation about the configurations and if it is possible more information about the social media integrations.
Thanks

As we are focused on getting a stable product out the door, we haven’t devoted as much time to developer documentation as I would like. But developer documentation is pretty useless without a product. Now that we are RC, the docs will become a focus as the desire to extend is growing more and more.

I apologize for replying a little late to this. I see Ben has made some pull requests against https://github.com/mautic/mautic-drupal. Are these questions still open or have they been figured out considering work is being done against the repo.

Thanks!
Alan

We are still a bit open-ended on the functionality.

As a point we already have a quite complicated form at our site for calculating the cost of a service. It involves rules and formula based on the user’s input. We capture their email at that point. It would be great if the Drupal module could manipulate the mautic API and send the information it needs from our form. We just need an API list. We could go pull all of the functions located in the various files and figure out which ones to use. I would think you guys have some idea of where we should be “touching” your function sets. Just a prototype listing with a comment of what it is used for would a great start.

We also have been getting your automated email training series. I am going to put all of the first 10 received into a PDF for us here. Perhaps you could place a copy of all of the email set as a PDF on this site - it most likely will have some of the answers to those that are being asked.

Oh one more quick question concerning the sub-domain feature at the site. Is this part of the mautic system? If not would it be possible to incorporate it or acquire it by licensing/other means?

Hi!

Are you wanting to just push lead data from your Drupal form into Mautic?

One option is to use the API library at https://github.com/mautic/api-library that can be used to create/update leads. Also see https://www.mautic.org/community/index.php/82-how-can-i-use-the-mautic-api. If using oauth1a, there’s a PR that fixes some related issues https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/125 (if you use https, you can use oauth2).

For the subdomain question, are you referring to the hosting on mautic.com? If so, that process is completely outside of Mautic and you would need to discuss any potential licensing with @dbhurley. Maybe fire off an email to him at david.hurley@{this site}.

Thanks!
Alan