GeoLite2-City update doesn't work.

I've never been able to get the IP-database to work. My log is always full of errors like these:

[2017-06-09 20:02:05] mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - gzdecode(): data error - in file /home/cstukfps/email/app/bundles/CoreBundle/IpLookup/AbstractLocalDataLookup.php - at line 91 [] []
[2017-06-09 20:04:56] mautic.WARNING: IP LOOKUP: Error opening database file (/home/cstukfps/email/app/cache/prod/../ip_data/GeoLite2-City.mmdb). Is this a valid MaxMind DB file? [] []

When I look, the mmdb file exists, but has zero bytes.
If I go to the configuration screen and click "Update IP Lookup Data Store" it will fail without giving a reason or logging anything, but it prints out instructions on updating manually. I can follow those instructions and everything's fine--then a few hours later, if I check, the mmdb file is back to zero bytes and the log is filling with errors.

What's going on here?

I’ve never been able to get the IP-database to work. My log is always full of errors like these:

[2017-06-09 20:02:05] mautic.WARNING: PHP Warning - gzdecode(): data error - in file /home/cstukfps/email/app/bundles/CoreBundle/IpLookup/AbstractLocalDataLookup.php - at line 91 [] []
[2017-06-09 20:04:56] mautic.WARNING: IP LOOKUP: Error opening database file (/home/cstukfps/email/app/cache/prod/…/ip_data/GeoLite2-City.mmdb). Is this a valid MaxMind DB file? [] []

When I look, the mmdb file exists, but has zero bytes.
If I go to the configuration screen and click “Update IP Lookup Data Store” it will fail without giving a reason or logging anything, but it prints out instructions on updating manually. I can follow those instructions and everything’s fine–then a few hours later, if I check, the mmdb file is back to zero bytes and the log is filling with errors.

What’s going on here?