Getting page URL from form submission in wordpress:

this came directly from Daniel in support, so he gets all the credit for this, but its so useful I had to share it!

im using wordpress for my website and switching forms over to mautic, but I needed a way to identify which page form submissions were coming from, so here is the workaround:

Step 1: if your site is using SLL (HTTPS) make sure you are creating forms on your https mautic instance

Step2: add a hidden field into your form, specify the label as “URL”

Step 3: add a send form results action

Step 4: drag and drop URL field into text box

Step 5:click on URL link and set the link to {formfield=”url”} save.

Step 6: go to wp-content >theme>header.php and insert this snippet into header tag:

the specified email address you send this form result to will now receive a URL link showing them what page the form came from, very useful if you are working with lots of similar posts.

this came directly from Daniel in support, so he gets all the credit for this, but its so useful I had to share it!
im using wordpress for my website and switching forms over to mautic, but I needed a way to identify which page form submissions were coming from, so here is the workaround:

Step 1: if your site is using SLL (HTTPS) make sure you are creating forms on your https mautic instance
Step2: add a hidden field into your form, specify the label as “URL”
Step 3: add a send form results action
Step 4: drag and drop URL field into text box
Step 5:click on URL link and set the link to {formfield=”url”} save.
Step 6: go to wp-content >theme>header.php and insert this snippet into header tag:

the specified email address you send this form result to will now receive a URL link showing them what page the form came from, very useful if you are working with lots of similar posts.

Thanks for sharing!

This seems to be exactly what we need - to effectively replay to a inquiry from an inquiry via email we need to know what page the request came from. I’ve tried plug this in on our site but I cannot get a result. The form result email just has
“{formfield=”url”}” in the body of the message where I would expect the url of the page it is sent from.

1. Where it says “putformnamehere” do I put the name of my form?
    2)My result email looks like this:

email: {formfield=email}
    First Name: {formfield=first_name}
    Your Question: {formfield=your_question}
    phone: {formfield=phone}
    page-source: {formfield=pagesource}

URL: {formfield=url}

The URL is a field as you describe above.

Joel