Gmail plugin doesn't assign points

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.0
My PHP version is: 7.4
My Database type and version is: tidb

Your problem

So i have implemented a proof-of-concept gmail add-on (GitHub - donbowman/mautic-gmail-add-on: Proof of Concept Mautic Gmail add-on)

it works, the event is record in mautic.

However, the Point’s action ‘email read’ does not fire for it (despite there being an email read action logged).

I’m not sure what the architecture here is, on the backend there is MauticGmailBundle w/ some PHP. Is this needing to do something other than just record the event? all the references to points and triggers I see are in app/, not plugins/

Any pointers here?

Hi

I have been looking for something like this and was excited to see your post. I have checked out your package on GitHub, however I am not really following how to implement this on my mautic server.

Would be very happy to help out with testing or further documentation if needed.

Regards,

Mike

Second this,

A working gmail integration would be great.

• Record sent emails, or just note the email was sent
  • track replies and trigger actions
  • maybe be able to add tags, assign to segments, even add to or remove from a campaign?

Not being a coder no idea what this would take but I expect this would a very popular add on.

so my proof of concept works. I added it to our google workplace domain, it now functions from the app on android/ios, and from the browser.

Its not even close to complete, it requires you to press the button (and do so after editing, before send). It also doesn’t modify url in the body you might have typed.

I’m not sure what is needed to finish it, i was hoping someone would chip in.
For sure it needs:

• config screen (for your ‘secret’)
  • edit body rather than append
  • automatic rather than explicit action?
  • menu options for convenience? (mark this user as X, …)
1 Like