Here's Help With Integrating LeadPages

I’ve had LeadPages for a while, and read recently they’ve bought up Drip, the ‘light’ marketing automation tool.

But I thought Drip was a little too light for my needs.

Then yesterday I discovered Mautic! Wow!

But how would I integrate with LeadPages, which I’ve integrated with WordPress?

Much easier than I thought, and works like a dream! And now I have no need to integrate LeadPages with anything else, like Mailchimp.

Here’s what I did. (Actually the first thing I’ve really done in Mautic since I only installed it yesterday evening)

1. I created a simple ‘LeadPages Test’ form in Mautic.
  2. I added a field labeled First Name, with a placeholder of First Name and a matching contact field of ‘CoreFirst name’
  3. I then added two other fields of Email and Mobile with matching placeholder names and Core contact fields.
  4. I saved the form. Then when I selected it, I saw the teal coloured box to the right called ‘Form HTML’
  5. I copied the HTML from the 2nd box in the pop up to my clipboard - ignoring the Javascript code in the first box.
  6. Then I logged into my lead pages account.
  7. From the drop down menu attached to my account name, top right, I selected ‘Integrations’.
  8. In integrations I selected ‘Other’ from the filters along the top.
  9. And then selected ‘Other Copy/Paste’. This then put a little tick on the on the icon to show I had activated it.
  10. I then created a quick no frills test LeadPage.
  11. When clicking on the button to bring up the Opt-In stuff and clicked the integration settings.
  12. As I had activated the ‘Other Copy/Paste’ option (9. above) ‘Other’ was now an option.
  13. I selected the ‘Other’ option, and simply pasted the HTML from Mautic (5. above) into the box and saved it.
  14. I then noticed the opt-in form change to use the labels and the placeholder text I had used when creating the form.
  15. Having saved named and saved the new test landing page, I went to that url, and clicked the button. Up pops the form so I just typed my first name, email and mobile number into the boxes and clicked the button.
  16. And was then taken to the default Thank You page.
  17. Back in Mautic, I had my very first contact. Me!

Notes:

I guess LeadPages just strips the actual info it needs from the HTML you paste in, as all it needs is the details of the form fields and where to send the data - which is all in the HTML.

I did try to copy/paste the simple Javascript line from the ‘Automatic’ box on the Mautic form, but LeadPages threw an error, so I just stuck with the manual HTML version. Remember though, you’ll need to change the HTML in LeadPages if you change the Mautic form at all.

Hope that helps.

I’ve had LeadPages for a while, and read recently they’ve bought up Drip, the ‘light’ marketing automation tool.
But I thought Drip was a little too light for my needs.
Then yesterday I discovered Mautic! Wow!
But how would I integrate with LeadPages, which I’ve integrated with WordPress?
Much easier than I thought, and works like a dream! And now I have no need to integrate LeadPages with anything else, like Mailchimp.
Here’s what I did. (Actually the first thing I’ve really done in Mautic since I only installed it yesterday evening)

1. I created a simple ‘LeadPages Test’ form in Mautic.
  2. I added a field labeled First Name, with a placeholder of First Name and a matching contact field of ‘CoreFirst name’
  3. I then added two other fields of Email and Mobile with matching placeholder names and Core contact fields.
  4. I saved the form. Then when I selected it, I saw the teal coloured box to the right called ‘Form HTML’
  5. I copied the HTML from the 2nd box in the pop up to my clipboard - ignoring the Javascript code in the first box.
  6. Then I logged into my lead pages account.
  7. From the drop down menu attached to my account name, top right, I selected ‘Integrations’.
  8. In integrations I selected ‘Other’ from the filters along the top.
  9. And then selected ‘Other Copy/Paste’. This then put a little tick on the on the icon to show I had activated it.
  10. I then created a quick no frills test LeadPage.
  11. When clicking on the button to bring up the Opt-In stuff and clicked the integration settings.
  12. As I had activated the ‘Other Copy/Paste’ option (9. above) ‘Other’ was now an option.
  13. I selected the ‘Other’ option, and simply pasted the HTML from Mautic (5. above) into the box and saved it.
  14. I then noticed the opt-in form change to use the labels and the placeholder text I had used when creating the form.
  15. Having saved named and saved the new test landing page, I went to that url, and clicked the button. Up pops the form so I just typed my first name, email and mobile number into the boxes and clicked the button.
  16. And was then taken to the default Thank You page.
  17. Back in Mautic, I had my very first contact. Me!

Notes:
I guess LeadPages just strips the actual info it needs from the HTML you paste in, as all it needs is the details of the form fields and where to send the data - which is all in the HTML.
I did try to copy/paste the simple Javascript line from the ‘Automatic’ box on the Mautic form, but LeadPages threw an error, so I just stuck with the manual HTML version. Remember though, you’ll need to change the HTML in LeadPages if you change the Mautic form at all.

Hope that helps.