How do you do Newsletter?

All

I have this general question. Talking about a regular Newsletter, send each week or so to all my subscribers. Not a welcome-campaign for new sumbscribers or so. I do it like this:

1. create the Mials
  2. Create a Campain and add each Mail with its send-date to it
  3. Add an “IF read THEN add a Point” to each mail-branch of the campaign.

I find this extreeeeemly time consuming, as I need to create a freakin campaign every some weeks :(

That lead me raising this question.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

OLAF

All
I have this general question. Talking about a regular Newsletter, send each week or so to all my subscribers. Not a welcome-campaign for new sumbscribers or so. I do it like this:

1. create the Mials
  2. Create a Campain and add each Mail with its send-date to it
  3. Add an “IF read THEN add a Point” to each mail-branch of the campaign.

I find this extreeeeemly time consuming, as I need to create a freakin campaign every some weeks :frowning:
That lead me raising this question.

Thanks for sharing your experiences
OLAF

An excellent question right now I create the email each week since Mautic doesn’t have this feature already build.

Before I have Mautic + Mailchimp combination but I change to create and send the email each time using Mautic with this I get some features that you can have using Mautic + Mailchimp.

@ninjoan: Thanks for coming back on this :slight_smile:

I think I would love to see it in such a way:

1. Open a new mail
  2. write it
  3. connect it to a Segment (and this setting should be storable as a template)
  4. Give it a send-date
  5. fire

to me this permanent fiddling arround wirth new campaigns is useless effort

Very good question. We do too send once a week a newsletter to the same segement.

So I would recommend not to create a campaign email but a segment email.

You would then send the email manually to the segment on the send-date.

Pro:
no extra campaigns

Con:
every week a new segment email

What do you do with “old” emails? When are you going to delete them or how do you archive them?

The old email will be in Mautic. in my case, i create a Category called Newsletter so all my send newsletter email are there for any quick search

Since Mautic is integrated with Joomla and Wordpress, wouldn’t it make sense to be able to pull posts from these CMS to make regular scheduled newsletter as well? Creating new email every week is definitely a hassle.

Well you should be able to pull posts and make newsletters out of them. :slight_smile:

E.g., if you have self-hosted both Mautic and WP instances, I don’t see any limitations why you could not pull WordPress posts from its DB like this:

[code]SELECT wp_posts.id as post_id,
wp_posts.post_date,
wp_posts.post_title,
wp_posts.post_content,
wp_posts.post_status,
(SELECT name FROM wp_terms WHERE term_id = (SELECT term_id FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE term_taxonomy_id=tti.term_taxonomy_id)) as post_category,
(SELECT slug FROM wp_terms WHERE term_id = (SELECT parent FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE term_taxonomy_id=tti.term_taxonomy_id)) as post_parent,
(SELECT display_name FROM wp_users WHERE ID=wp_posts.post_author) as post_author
FROM wp_posts

INNER JOIN

(
                SELECT object_id, wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_relationships

INNER JOIN

(SELECT wp_term_taxonomy.term_taxonomy_id FROM wp_term_taxonomy WHERE parent=INSERT_PARENT_ID_HERE OR parent=INSERT_ANOTHER_PARENT_ID_HERE) AS term_taxonomy

ON wp_term_relationships.term_taxonomy_id = term_taxonomy.term_taxonomy_id
            ) AS news_posts

ON  wp_posts.id=news_posts.object_id 

LEFT OUTER JOIN

(
                SELECT term_taxonomy_id, object_id
                FROM wp_term_relationships
            ) AS tti

ON tti.object_id = wp_posts.id 

WHERE wp_posts.post_status = 'publish'
            ORDER BY  wp_posts.post_date DESC[/code]

and, then, process them and convert them into emails by pushing their HTML code into Mautic using its REST API.

So technically speaking, yes, you are able to do it. :slight_smile:

Best,
D.