Campaigns and Segments

I am looking for ideas on how to use Mautic, campaigns and segments. Currently I have a segment that contains customers. I also have a campaign setup that sends a different email to the customer segment every Monday morning. This works ok. The major problem is when I get a new customer and want to add them to my customer segment.

When I add a new customer to the customer segment the new customer is sent ALL of the past emails at once even though each email is set to be sent on a specific date. I do not want new customers to receive all past emails of every campaign ever created for the customer segment all at the same time…or ever for that matter.

I am looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this.

Should I be using segment emails instead of campaign emails?

Can a segment email be scheduled to send at a future date? How?

Thanks

I am looking for ideas on how to use Mautic, campaigns and segments. Currently I have a segment that contains customers. I also have a campaign setup that sends a different email to the customer segment every Monday morning. This works ok. The major problem is when I get a new customer and want to add them to my customer segment.

When I add a new customer to the customer segment the new customer is sent ALL of the past emails at once even though each email is set to be sent on a specific date. I do not want new customers to receive all past emails of every campaign ever created for the customer segment all at the same time…or ever for that matter.

I am looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this.
Should I be using segment emails instead of campaign emails?
Can a segment email be scheduled to send at a future date? How?

Thanks