Alternative(s) to add emails to existing campaign

Hi,

I am migrating from MailChimp to Mautic, and like many people do in MailChimp (and other vendors), I have one campaign that I keep adding emails to the autoresponder campaign. For existing subscribers (contacts), already in the middle of the campaign’s email series (or even finished), they will receive the email within the proper scheduled day, being: For those currently in the middle of the email series, will receive the email as the last one in the series; For those that received all emails from the series, will receive the email instantaneously, if the scheduled email date fits. (I hope I was clear)

I know that Mautic queues all actions right away first time a contact is added to the campaign, so they won’t receive emails added to the campaign. Any ideas on a workaround that it could be accomplished? I mean, for those ones that completed the campaign it would be just a email “blast”, but the ones in the middle of the email series, I don’t want to sent the latest email in the middle of the series.

I appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi,

I am migrating from MailChimp to Mautic, and like many people do in MailChimp (and other vendors), I have one campaign that I keep adding emails to the autoresponder campaign. For existing subscribers (contacts), already in the middle of the campaign’s email series (or even finished), they will receive the email within the proper scheduled day, being: For those currently in the middle of the email series, will receive the email as the last one in the series; For those that received all emails from the series, will receive the email instantaneously, if the scheduled email date fits. (I hope I was clear)

I know that Mautic queues all actions right away first time a contact is added to the campaign, so they won’t receive emails added to the campaign. Any ideas on a workaround that it could be accomplished? I mean, for those ones that completed the campaign it would be just a email “blast”, but the ones in the middle of the email series, I don’t want to sent the latest email in the middle of the series.

I appreciate any input on this.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

There are probably better / other ways to do this with Mautic, but we decided to break up our larger campaigns into lots of small ones, and then have an action at the end of each to move the lead into the next appropriate campaign. This makes it easy to insert a new campaign between two existing ones, and to edit existing campaigns with only the current users in that campaign “missing out” on the changes. We found that larger campaigns were more likely to be subject to change, and became very complicated over time.

Unfortunately, right now the action to move leads from one campaign to another seems to have broken in a recent version of Mautic - I’m trying to track down the cause now.

Thanks,
Matt.

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the tip. That actually makes sense, but I can imagine the amount of campaigns that you might have. I think that this is a good workaround on this Mautic limitation.

I was excited about that, but then your last paragraph broke me down (ground zero again!) :smiley:

That would be great to re-queue campaigns after a change. I guess that it wouldn’t be easy, but a great feature.

Thanks again,
Rob

Hey @mattd,

Out of curiosity… Campaigns are based on Segments or Campaign forms, right? If you are “Changing Campaigns” at the end of each campaign, what the other campaigns are based on (actually, it seems that you can only change to campaigns based on segments)?

Let’s say that my first campaign is based on a segment. A new contact is added to that segment, and it is triggered. After sending the emails for that campaign, I “Change Campaigns” to the second campaign, that will send few other emails.

Question: What segment or campaign form is that second campaign based on? If it is the same segment that the first campaign is based on, both campaigns would be triggered at same time, isn’t?

Did you create an dummy/empty segment (or campaign form) for all the following campaigns, just to do the trick?

I hope I was clear :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Rob

Yup, we have an empty segment that is the basis of each campaign.

Got it. Makes sense. Would be a better approach if something like that was implemented in the core, but I’m happy that there is a way to handle that (well, if the change campaigns gets fixed :wink: ). Just to make it clear, I’m not complaining here. I’m pretty impressed on this tool, and I know that it will get better and better over time.

Cheers,
Rob