Technical Q: Campaigns, New Additions

Im new to Mautic. So im a bit unsure about this one:

So, I created a campaign (from forms) to send out three emails. I tested and all worked accordingly.

Then i added a fourth email to the campaign. ONLY subsequent sign ups via the form received the fourth email as well as the first three.

This suggests to me that at the database level, for each contact in the campaign, the action to be taken (defined in the campaign) is inserted into the database table rows. I guess sometime later the cron job runs a query that selects for actions due.

Hence, if at the time a contact is added to a mautic campaign, this will insert N rows where N is the number of current campaign events. (in the first example above, three)

But, if during the campaign, a fourth action is added, previous (existing) contacts are not added (they are already there), but when the cron job runs to update the campaigns, four entries will be made ONLY for new contacts.

Can you confirm this is how it works?

So, consider a workflow where i want to create a newsletter sequence. I want to add a new email to the campaign (say every week). If the above is how it works, then only new sign ups will get the full sequence (until amended again) and previous signups will stop short of any new actions added to the campaign subsequent to the time at which the previously existing contacts in that campaign were added.

Bit of a techie one.

Many thanks.

(I cant figure out how else to set up a newsletter otherwise)

Im new to Mautic. So im a bit unsure about this one:

So, I created a campaign (from forms) to send out three emails. I tested and all worked accordingly.
Then i added a fourth email to the campaign. ONLY subsequent sign ups via the form received the fourth email as well as the first three.

This suggests to me that at the database level, for each contact in the campaign, the action to be taken (defined in the campaign) is inserted into the database table rows. I guess sometime later the cron job runs a query that selects for actions due.

Hence, if at the time a contact is added to a mautic campaign, this will insert N rows where N is the number of current campaign events. (in the first example above, three)

But, if during the campaign, a fourth action is added, previous (existing) contacts are not added (they are already there), but when the cron job runs to update the campaigns, four entries will be made ONLY for new contacts.

Can you confirm this is how it works?

So, consider a workflow where i want to create a newsletter sequence. I want to add a new email to the campaign (say every week). If the above is how it works, then only new sign ups will get the full sequence (until amended again) and previous signups will stop short of any new actions added to the campaign subsequent to the time at which the previously existing contacts in that campaign were added.

Bit of a techie one.

Many thanks.
(I cant figure out how else to set up a newsletter otherwise)