Adding Additional Emails To a Campaign Not Sending (Work around/ideas/questions)

Hey

Just wanted to know if its possible to add emails to mautic so an existing segment receives them regardless of when they join the campaign (even if they have been in the campaign/segment for a long time).

Looking to move from my current autoresponder to Mautiic’s because of the Mautics automation E.g. tagging, open email trigger, list segmentation etc… But It can’t seem to handle a basic autoresponder.

PROBLEM

I add emails to an autoresponder over time so the problem is when I do add new emails to a campaign most of my contacts/segment does not receive my new email because they are past the day its set for:

For example say I add an 3 additional emails for day 7,8 and 9 in campaign XYZ, most of the segment/contacts in campaign XYZ is on day 60+ So they do not get my newly added emails.

My current autoresponder is set to X days after LAST EMAIL (not X days after join date) this means that I can add as many new emails as I want and they will go to all contacts (so the above is not an issue).

Even in the above example the first email would be sent immediately (even though its set for day 7 or 1 day after the last email) and then the next message(s) would be sent out based on the when the previous message was sent (1 day).

The result is that You can build up your autoresponder messages over time.

SOLUTION/IDEAS

With Reference to the above example:

What about something like the below, do you think this might work? -

Tag users that completed the 1st campaign with Tag day 1-7 complete > create new segment called day 7-9 > create filter that moves all “Tag day 1-7 complete” to segment day 7-9 > then create a new campaign called day 7-9 with segment day 7-9 as source for contacts > When you hit publish it should move all the day 1-7 complete tagged contacts into the day 7-9 campaign

Assuming the above works,

Seems like a lot of steps just to add a few additional email autoresponders for a single list segment.

Plus you’ll end up with a huge amount of campaigns and segments for what is in reality actually 1 campaign/segment (if your just adding 1-3 emails at a time which is what I do).

QUESTIONS

1.) Is it even possible to add emails to mautic autoresponder/campaign and and have all contacts receive them regardless of when they joined?

2.) Do you think the above “SOLUTION/IDEAS” would work?

3.) Do you have any ideas for a work around? (so that all contacts receive newly added emails regardless of when they joined)

4.) Do you know if it’s possible to send an email X days after LAST EMAIL (not X days after join date)? If not do you think this feature might be planned for the future?

I can’t help but feel that I’m missing something in Mautic, I can’t be the first person to want to add additional emails to a campaign.

Cheers :)

Hey

Just wanted to know if its possible to add emails to mautic so an existing segment receives them regardless of when they join the campaign (even if they have been in the campaign/segment for a long time).

Looking to move from my current autoresponder to Mautiic’s because of the Mautics automation E.g. tagging, open email trigger, list segmentation etc… But It can’t seem to handle a basic autoresponder.

PROBLEM

I add emails to an autoresponder over time so the problem is when I do add new emails to a campaign most of my contacts/segment does not receive my new email because they are past the day its set for:

For example say I add an 3 additional emails for day 7,8 and 9 in campaign XYZ, most of the segment/contacts in campaign XYZ is on day 60+ So they do not get my newly added emails.

My current autoresponder is set to X days after LAST EMAIL (not X days after join date) this means that I can add as many new emails as I want and they will go to all contacts (so the above is not an issue).
Even in the above example the first email would be sent immediately (even though its set for day 7 or 1 day after the last email) and then the next message(s) would be sent out based on the when the previous message was sent (1 day).

The result is that You can build up your autoresponder messages over time.

SOLUTION/IDEAS

With Reference to the above example:
What about something like the below, do you think this might work? -
Tag users that completed the 1st campaign with Tag day 1-7 complete > create new segment called day 7-9 > create filter that moves all “Tag day 1-7 complete” to segment day 7-9 > then create a new campaign called day 7-9 with segment day 7-9 as source for contacts > When you hit publish it should move all the day 1-7 complete tagged contacts into the day 7-9 campaign

Assuming the above works,
Seems like a lot of steps just to add a few additional email autoresponders for a single list segment.
Plus you’ll end up with a huge amount of campaigns and segments for what is in reality actually 1 campaign/segment (if your just adding 1-3 emails at a time which is what I do).

QUESTIONS

1.) Is it even possible to add emails to mautic autoresponder/campaign and and have all contacts receive them regardless of when they joined?
2.) Do you think the above “SOLUTION/IDEAS” would work?
3.) Do you have any ideas for a work around? (so that all contacts receive newly added emails regardless of when they joined)
4.) Do you know if it’s possible to send an email X days after LAST EMAIL (not X days after join date)? If not do you think this feature might be planned for the future?

I can’t help but feel that I’m missing something in Mautic, I can’t be the first person to want to add additional emails to a campaign.

Cheers :slight_smile:

I’m also trying to figure this out.

1. I need to know how to get a campaign to work for members of an existing segment. When I setup a campaign and point to that segment, it’s not working. My users are correctly added to the campaign, but nothing is sent out.

2. Really need the ability to add to an existing campaign. The beauty and flexibility of Mautic is hindered by not being able to modify existing campaigns and have it take affect on existing people.

Hi,

did you figure this out?

I found a workaround here: https://accentdm.com/adding-new-emails-existing-mautic-campaign/

But even this is pretty complicated for such an easy task: Send an additional email to people in the autoresponder series.

I am still looking for a simpley way to solve it too… :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you @PaulR for the workaround!

It remains quite an annoying solution though.

Does anyone know if adding this feature is on the roadmap for Mautic Devs (a new email added to a campaign would be sent also to existing members of the segment)?

Thanks

Hi!

Throw stones at me, but I think it is a feature, not a bug.
I love the way this works.

I have my autoresponder with people on it for 2 years. The segment name is ‘nurture list’. I come up with new content every 2 weeks. So I just send it out the new content as a broadcast to the nurture segment, and than add it to the autoresponder as a new content ‘send email’. If anyone new subscribes, they will get the new content when they reach that point in the flow.

Regards:
Joey

2 Likes

@joeyk thank you for proposing this option! It’s a great idea for this use case when you have everybody on 1 main list.

But when you have several autoresponders that subscribers could be in, you can’t really broadcast to all of them as some won’t have been in a given autoresponder though. Would you have an idea on how to do that?

So as far I see it, it’s definitely a missing feature because in you case you would do only 1 operation: adding the new email at the end of the autoresponder without the need to broadcast existing subscribers. And in my case it’s really blocking (as far as I see it).

Thanks for your help!!

1 Like

Sure, there are many ways to handle this. (And I still think it’s a feature :slight_smile: )
I assume your ‘list’ is based on segments. Lets say you have 2 segments.

Segment 1: Cheeselovers, filter:

• active in the page in the last 180 days
  • have the cheeselover tag

Segment 2: Milka Chocolate Producers, filter:

• custom field: have purple cow = yes

You also have 2 campaigns (Cheeselover campaign, Milka campaign), where each segment is the source and you are sending out emails every week as an autoresponder. Right now you have 5 emails.

When people first subscribe, they become the member of the segment, and that qualifies them to be member of the campaign. So they start getting emails, until both cases are true. Once the last email is sent, the campaign ends for that contact, but will be still member of a segment.

So you set up a new 2 segments as follows:

Segment 3: Cheeselovers-broadcast, filter:

• active in the page in the last 180 days
  • have the cheeselover tag
  • not member of the Cheeslover campaign (I said campaign, not segment)

Segment 4: Milka Chocolate Producers-broadcast, filter:

• custom field: have purple cow = yes
  • not member of the Milka campaign

When you send the new email you need to send out, you can add it to the end of the campains AND send it out as a broadcast to Segment 3 and 4 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome @joeyk ! Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain this clever setup and going through all the details! I’m going to use it exactly as you gracefully described it!

@jono if you’re still there, this should be marked as the solution.

(Love the Milka reference :wink: )

Two years later, I might have found a solution for this.

1 Like

How can we target the contacts that have finished the campaign but are still members?

Most f my contacts have finished a certain campaign and i would like to send an email to just those, but i can’t do it by adding new actions to this same campaign because they will not be executed for them.

So i’m wondering if there’s a way to identify contacts who finished certain campaign (although still members)

And the problem is, i did this mistake many times without realising (the campaign has 27 emails…), so the contacts probably left at different emails, and the advice on the video won’t work.

Basically the question is, how do you do this for a newsletter flow that is constantly growing?