Mautic 5: Add new emails to campaign

Hello! :wave:

TL;DR: How to keep users receiving new emails in Mautic 5 campaign?

I’m running an educational email campaign in Mautic 5 and I’ve encountered a problem. Currently, after users receive all the emails in the campaign, they’re marked as finished. This means they don’t receive any new emails I add to the campaign later.

I’m looking for a solution that will:

1. Keep users in the campaign even after they’ve received all current emails
  2. Allow users to receive new emails that I add to the campaign later
  3. Maintain this as an ongoing, evergreen campaign

Has anyone successfully implemented something like this in Mautic 5? What approach did you use? I’d appreciate any tips, best practices, or step-by-step guidance on how to set this up.

Note: I was using a workaround in Mautic version 4 with a segment and re-enter campaign, but I don’t know if there is now a built-in or other easy solution in version 5. I’m still trying some solutions locally; I will share any updates in the comments.

Thanks in advance for your help! :blush:

Hello,
Here is why it happens:

It’s not a bug, this is how it’s designed.
Joey

Hello Joey!

I saw your video a few months ago. It’s the workaround that I was using with Mautic 4. Thank youu! :blush:

I was thinking there might be a built-in solution in Mautic 5, an option for example to keep the contacts in the campaign even after the last action.

I have an idea and I will try it locally and share it if it works. Basically, it involves adding a last blank email with a delay of like 99999 days. That will keep the contacts always in the campaign so I can add more emails before it later, and I think Mautic will detect that with mautic:campaigns:rebuild.

Sure, keep me posted.
I think rebuild is not doing that, but I might be wrong.