how to change "add content here"

I’m building new themes, empty slots always display “add content here”, is there a way to change the message, i.e., displaying a label related to the specific slot? Or a default value? Example “Enter Heading Here”, “Insert an Image here”, “Enter Body of content here…”, etc…

When I try set it to a specific default value, slot becomes display-only, when first opened in builder, such as $view->set(“company_name”,“My Company Inc.”), the slot location is not editable.

I’m building new themes, empty slots always display “add content here”, is there a way to change the message, i.e., displaying a label related to the specific slot? Or a default value? Example “Enter Heading Here”, “Insert an Image here”, “Enter Body of content here…”, etc…

When I try set it to a specific default value, slot becomes display-only, when first opened in builder, such as $view[‘slots’]->set(“company_name”,“My Company Inc.”), the slot location is not editable.

What Mautic version are you using? The placeholder was fixed in 1.2.3:

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1096

I just upgraded to 1.2.3. What I’m looking for is being able to change the default display “add content here” when you first open the builder. I have a teaser section, I want to instruct the user that they should enter teaser related text in this section, or display some sample text… In the theme php I can use:
$view[‘slots’]->set(“teaser”,“enter teaser here”);
But, that slot becomes read-only, displays it all correct format etc… only you can’t change it. I’m currently working with e-mail templates, I just tried it again with v1.2.3 and it works the same way as before.
Looking for a way to set default values for slots.
Thanks,

That’s maybe because there is no a slot type “teaser” defined in the Mautic core. Try

$view[‘slots’]->set(“html”,“enter teaser here”);