How to log Outlook emails with mautic?

Hi, can mautic monitor and log my Outlook emails with contacts? Can mautic automatically create a contact/lead if the recipient email is new?

Hi, can mautic monitor and log my Outlook emails with contacts? Can mautic automatically create a contact/lead if the recipient email is new?

Hi @imautic, the short answer is Yes!

See the documentation for details.

Basically you need to be running Outlook 2016 and install the App on your machine. I’ve been working on a VBA equivalent (as I’m running Office 2013) but haven’t had time to get back to it.

Thanks, @MarkLL .

Actually I followed the documentation to the letter, and I do have Outlook 2016, but it does not work for me. So I am wondering if anybody else has successfully implemented it.

Hi @imautic, sorry to here it’s not working…

Have you tried sending yourself an email and looked at the code to see if the tracking line is in there?

That is a good idea, @MarkLL. I will give it a try when I get a chance. Do you currently use the outlook plugin?

I do see in pagehits that the tracking in de email was opened. A new anonimous contact is created. The emailaddress is not recorded. I would have expected the emailaddress to be recorded with the IP address. Is Mautic suppost to do that and is it just not workinf for me, or is mautics design different?

releae 2.8.1 contains a fix