How to Prevent updating a contact via form?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.2
My PHP version is: 7.4.30
My Database type and version is: mysql 8.0.30

Your problem
My problem is:
I tried creating a form that saves the submitted data into a contact. This works fine. My form consists of first name, last name and email.
The problem is that I need a way to prevent a contact from being updated when submitted, as to not allow anyone to randomly change contact data from an existing contact.

How can I check and give an error along the lines of “this email is already registered”?

I have the same need.

I have the issue where someone completes a form to reg for the event, they then reg a 2nd person for the same event, diff details but they use the same email address so it overwrites person 1.

@robm : Would you want to have 2 contacts with the same email?

@lukas-sander : The “this email is already registered” can be only done with an ajax call tapping into Mautic’s db and checking all emails.

Joey

Thank you for the quick response.

Am I right in assuming that the best way to go about this would be using the API?

Yes. You would make a jquery search via api. In other words: you need to rebuild the form yourself.

Thank you! I was hoping this would be possible within the mautic backend, but now I know what I need to do.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.