it’s a pretty basic functionality but i have problem with finding answer for it.
What i do and what result i would like achieve?:
- I’m creating newsletter base upon form
- In a form i use group checkbox and i would like to have 3+ checkbox to give user a chance to choose which content they would like to get
- Base upon check boxes i would like to automate and send different email
With what i have a problem?:
- For what i know i should make a fields with group checkbox and within it add name of field as a label and value 1 (which define 0/1 mode?)
- Later i should make campaign with condition: In the field “Field” i chooses my checkbox group, in operator checkbox i should choose logical operator, but in the Value i get label name instead 0/1 (for a specific checkbox)
- Probably I’m doing something wrong while I create a form, could you point me somewhere?
You can make it multiple ways:
- Create the 3 Fields (You are making a recipe newsletter in this example)
Or you can make a radio button with the 3 values:
Then you make your campaign based on this value:
Create all 3 branches:
You can also do it by dynamic content, but that is a different story.
I hope it helps.
Oh also - you can create 3 segments based on this field and send emails in 3 different campaigns
It’s up to you
Joey, kindly thank You for an answer.
On my newsletter i would like to ask my user:
Who they are (wholesaler or shop)
What content they would like to get (discounts, news, guide)
Relating to radio buttons that you suggested (my question was about checkboxes, but i would also like to implement them): campaign builder screenshot shows “contact field value” so i should somehow transform my form answers to Tags?(don’t see other reasonable field)
Relating to checkboxes (what content they would like to get):
- I made form like this:
- Next in campaign tree i see “Value” as a “Label” (which confuse me, is it configured proper way?)
- And i should end up with something like this?
Hi, this is fine, yes. I wouldn’t transform anything to tags, you did it good.
The difference between Label and Value is, that you show Label, and you store Value.
You can have Label 1 = Apple, Label 2 = Pear, but both are saved as ‘Fruits’
Or you can have Label = ‘Doom’, value = ‘FPS’.
So yes, you did good.
In case you want to go further and maybe create Dynamic content in 1 email based on different attributes, you should check out The Marketing Automation Show, The One With The Dynamic Content For Emails.