HTML inside Optionlists

Hey everyone,

in the past, I had some forms with a checkbox where specific words were tagged with a link, such as “terms & conditions,” like this:

However, recently I did some updates, and somehow these links don’t appear anymore. I always used the option list of the checkbox element and integrated an <a> tag:

I hope there is another way to solve this issue and would appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Greetings

Is there still no solution for this? Or is this a bug in version 5.1? I’m absolutely sure it worked like this before…

Hi @batijko,

At first, I also thought it was a feature. Perhaps we’re confusing it with another platform?

I tested it myself, and while adding an A HTML element in the checkbox option list doesn’t work, it does work in the help message. Check out the example below:

Help message with the A element.
Help message with the A element coded.

Preview:
Preview the form with the A element.

I think this is a great workaround that complies with GDPR as well. Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Ricardo

PS: If you wan’t the help message to appear below the optionlist, you will need to use a custom theme or CSS.

1 Like

Hey @ricfreire,

thanks for the suggestion — it could be a useful workaround! :v:

However, I’m fairly certain this feature worked as expected in previous versions of Mautic. In fact, I installed an older version (4.4.3) to test the same form, and it behaved exactly as I needed it to. I’m not sure if this feature was intentionally removed or if it’s possibly a bug. I’ve also encountered a few issues with certain other classes inside forms. For now, I’ll stick with the older version since it better fits my requirements.

Hi again, @batijko!

It turns out you were right! Since this is indeed a regression, I would strongly recommend reporting it on Mautic’s GitHub to ensure it gets addressed as soon as possible and fixed in the next Mautic release.

Mautic is continuously evolving, especially with the new UI updates, so this small bugs can indeed appear. However, keep in mind that the latest versions are more secure, as our security team has implemented several crucial patches. Using an older version could potentially put your leads and data at risk.

Best regards,
Ricardo