Custom forms

Hi,

I have just installed Mautic and is really good for my business!

I have some issue with forms.

I can’t find a way to add some inside the form and a custom link to a text field label (privacy checkbox).

Is there a way to do this?

Is there a way to build forms with custom html?

Thank you.

Filippo

Hi,
I have just installed Mautic and is really good for my business!
I have some issue with forms.
I can’t find a way to add some inside the form and a custom link to a text field label (privacy checkbox).
Is there a way to do this?
Is there a way to build forms with custom html?

Thank you.
Filippo

Hi, I also am looking for more customizable forms. Seperate the forms from mautic so to say (currently mautic’s forms dont support calculations / decisions etc. I believe)
The solution I am now leaning towards is using my own forms and pushing the data to mautic. Somewhere on these forums a simple solution was mentioned https://medium.com/@jan_linhart/the-simplest-way-how-to-submit-a-form-data-to-mautic-1454d3afd005 you might want to look at this.

Not sure this is the ‘way to go’, but maybe someone from Mautic can confirm that.

hope this helps, Radek

The option from Radek is one way to go. It requires little bit of PHP programming.

One note to

Mautic is community of people. We are all “from Mautic” :wink:

If I’d just want to modify the HTML of a Mautic form a bit, I’d created the Mautic form with the fields I need. There are 2 options to use the form. Automatic and Manual Copy. Manual Copy will let you copy the HTML generated by Mautic. You can copy this HTML to your website and modify it as you need.

This is great suggestion :slight_smile: Thanks!

Thank you all for your answers!
I’ll give a try to both suggestions because will save me a lot of headaches.

Thank you all for support.

Hi all, I am experimentig with the solution suggested by @escopecz .
The form is correctly rendered on the webpage but when the submit button is pressed the button get stuck with the message “PLEASE WAIT” and does not redirect to the thank you page.
Am I doing something wrong? (my solution was to copy-paste the form code inside a joomla module to allow customization)

I’ll keep going to find a solution.
Thank you

This happens usually if you paste the HTML code to a WYSIWYG editor which removes some of the HTML elements. Usually it removes script or iframe tags. Compare HTML code generated by Mautic and HTML code in the source code of your website.

Thank you @escopecz I did check for that but the code is correctly embedded.
My firefox console return me an error when pressing SUBMIT button: TypeError: elForm.elements[name] is undefined
Could it be the problem?

Keep trying.
Thank you

Yes, that will be it. I’d need to inspect the code to say more. Any chance do share the link to your website?

SOLVED
I found the solution!
The problem might be some kind of javascript compatibility.
I did this to make it work:

1. manually separate javascript and css into files to be included inthe page header
  2. send javascript and CSS to mautic ftp folder
  3. publish the form code (only from
    to
    ) into Custom HTML module with joomla code check disabled
  4. add javascript and css to index.php header with absolute server path.

Thats all
P.S. after that try I found this joomla extension wich allow me to reference to the files inside the module without editing the source code.

Hope it might help
Thank you all