Immediate failure during install

Your software
My PHP version is : 7.4
My MySQL/MariaDB version is 10.3.35

Updating/Installing Errors
*I am: Installing Mautic 4.3.1
installing via Command Line

These errors are showing in the installer :

The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.

System administrators, check server logs for errors.

These errors are showing in the Mautic log : empty - mautic/var/logs directory is empty.

My problem is :
I am attempting a normal installation: downloaded zip file from mautic.org, uploaded it to my subdomain, unzipped install package; created DB, and updated php max_execution_time to 240. When I browse to mymautic.mydomain.org, I immediately see that I am redirected to mymautic.mydomain.org/installer, and I am presented with the error message:
The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.
System administrators, check server logs for errors.

Note that this is occurring before I even reach the environment check page.

Steps I have tried to fix the problem :
I’ve checked permissions, which all seem to be correct - I’ve even updated the permissions to allow all users to access and retried, but I get the same result. I’ve also checked the logs, which appear to be empty.

Hi
If you manually run the cache clear command, what error you are getting?

php bin/console cache:clear

Make sure you run it as a web user otherwise all your assets will be overwritten with the wrong user.
You should get a nice green message.

What do you mean by running it as a web user?

When you login to your ssh as root and give commands as root then you spoil the cache file system by generating files with the wrong owner. Files have to be generated with the user that runs apache or nginx. Often this is user www-data.

I have this same issue but all files are owned by the www user. @joeyk you never answered the question of how do you run the command with the web user.

I’m using NGINX. Please unmark as solved as it is still an issue and the referenced solution does not apply to all situations.

The Mautic team needs to be more upfront about system requirements and also need to list required php modules and nginx configuration.

Hi @aerea !
I never mark my answers as solution, I guess it worked out for the original poster of the solution, so he marked it.
Running a command as a specific user is rather a linux question then Mautic. Since I don’t know if you use Ubuntu, Alpine or Suse, I’m trying to give generic answers. There are many resources for that. This is a good one:

When a problem is described in a new forum post, I try to throw in some ideas, and see which sticks. Permission, cache is usually the first move I’d do. Especially based on his description, I figured the admin user unzipped the files and the webserver couldn’t access the files.

There is no solution for all situations. When you go to the doctor, he will also not fix you with the same pill if you have broken leg or high blood pressure.

Based on your description:

1. You just installed Mautic, and couldn’t run the installer, altough the domain name resolves
  2. You checked the permissions, they are all okay
  3. File ownership is the www user, who runs the nginx server

Regarding requirements:
I’m using the FIRST GOOGLE result to install Mautic with Nginx and it runs really well:

Sorry, didn’t understand the process. Appreciate the insight. Hopefully some of this info helps.

Hey,
No worries! You can open another topic and we can try to fix your problem as well!