Mautic Community Forums

Import Data from previous version

Hello!



We’ve recently moved our mautic installation from a cPanel server to our own dedicated server. We’ve got a backup of the entire old database but do not have all of the local files which was on the old cPanel server. I have gone ahead and installed mautic on our new dedicated server and attempted to import the old db data over the new installation. I’m not getting any errors but also no data is displayed. It’s definately available in the database but not showing in the frontend of mautic.



I have deleted the cache “prod” folder and also ran php console mautic:update:lists, leadlists and campaigns with the hopes that that would rescan the database but no luck.



Any ideas? I am unable to confirm that the old version is the exact same new version but it’s definately the same major version.

Hello!

We’ve recently moved our mautic installation from a cPanel server to our own dedicated server. We’ve got a backup of the entire old database but do not have all of the local files which was on the old cPanel server. I have gone ahead and installed mautic on our new dedicated server and attempted to import the old db data over the new installation. I’m not getting any errors but also no data is displayed. It’s definately available in the database but not showing in the frontend of mautic.

I have deleted the cache “prod” folder and also ran php console mautic:update:lists, leadlists and campaigns with the hopes that that would rescan the database but no luck.

Any ideas? I am unable to confirm that the old version is the exact same new version but it’s definately the same major version.

Get to answer my own question :slight_smile:

If you ever run into this kind of issue, make sure that when you created the new installation that you are indeed using the same prefix as the previous installation. Due to obvious oversight I realised that the 2 db’s had different table prefixes and kind of replicated it without knowing.

I was lucky enough to get access to all the old files so rather went the correct way of getting the files on the new server working and then doing a php console mautic:update:apply from cli which then updated the old installation to the new version on the new server :slight_smile: