Import Email Content Using URL

Hi,

Hypothetically, If mautic could import content into an email using using a URL.

And also if Mautic checks the URL for changes ever X days.

1.) When you update/change the content on the 3rd party URL would it also be updated in the mautic email?

I did not even know you could generate an email from a URL until I came across https://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-email-template-system-for-wordpress/15970446?s_rank=6

Which said on their page

“All email templates have a website address you can use to import the HTML contents in to a mailing list service. Mailchimp allows you to create your own email templates from external sources so all you need to do is publish your email template in your Wordpress site and enter the template’s website address in to Mailchimp to import the content. I’ve included a useful Mailchimp tags dropdown menu in the editor to let you easily add Mailchimp tags to your templates”

So it looks like Mailchimp can do this but I’m not sure what happens when you edit the content on the source URL.

NOTE: The link above is just and example, I’ve never used this template and I do not plan on using it.

Why use a WordPress email template builder?

Because I can quickly and easily insert posts into my newsletter (generally about 80% are post excerpts and 20% custom text and images). Then I can simply copy the HTML or website address to Mautic to generate the email.

You can NOT insert wordpress posts into mautic emails, instead you need manually copy the Title, featured image and expert for each and every post, I usually have about 4-12 post per newsletter which is very time consuming.

I also some times edit posts a little (featured image, maybe expert)

I also have a plugin that split tests multiple post tiles.

So auto updating the excepts in the newsletter to reflect the changes to the posts would be great (beats going back and manually updating it), hence my question above.

Any other thoughts you might have on this?

Cheers

Hi,

Hypothetically, If mautic could import content into an email using using a URL.

And also if Mautic checks the URL for changes ever X days.

1.) When you update/change the content on the 3rd party URL would it also be updated in the mautic email?

I did not even know you could generate an email from a URL until I came across https://codecanyon.net/item/ultimate-email-template-system-for-wordpress/15970446?s_rank=6

Which said on their page

“All email templates have a website address you can use to import the HTML contents in to a mailing list service. Mailchimp allows you to create your own email templates from external sources so all you need to do is publish your email template in your Wordpress site and enter the template’s website address in to Mailchimp to import the content. I’ve included a useful Mailchimp tags dropdown menu in the editor to let you easily add Mailchimp tags to your templates”

So it looks like Mailchimp can do this but I’m not sure what happens when you edit the content on the source URL.

NOTE: The link above is just and example, I’ve never used this template and I do not plan on using it.

Why use a WordPress email template builder?

Because I can quickly and easily insert posts into my newsletter (generally about 80% are post excerpts and 20% custom text and images). Then I can simply copy the HTML or website address to Mautic to generate the email.

You can NOT insert wordpress posts into mautic emails, instead you need manually copy the Title, featured image and expert for each and every post, I usually have about 4-12 post per newsletter which is very time consuming.

I also some times edit posts a little (featured image, maybe expert)

I also have a plugin that split tests multiple post tiles.

So auto updating the excepts in the newsletter to reflect the changes to the posts would be great (beats going back and manually updating it), hence my question above.

Any other thoughts you might have on this?

Cheers

1 Like