Importing from Google contacts to Mautic

Hi, I’ve tried many times to export contact data from my Google Contact to Mautic as a lead, and always encountered the following errors. Some date are manageable to pass through the configuration, but the rest just failed to get imported. Any ideas how to fix this? I’m rather new to the whole concept of Mautic itself.

Thanks everyone.

export-error.png

Hi, I’ve tried many times to export contact data from my Google Contact to Mautic as a lead, and always encountered the following errors. Some date are manageable to pass through the configuration, but the rest just failed to get imported. Any ideas how to fix this? I’m rather new to the whole concept of Mautic itself.

Thanks everyone.

Try opening your CSV file from Google in a spreadsheet program like OpenOffice Calc or Excel. You’ll see that Google creates more than 60 columns, most of which are probably blank.

You probably only need first name, last name and email address (and possibly phone number).

Delete all the columns you don’t need, save (as a *.CSV file, with a new file name) and try uploading to Mautic.

Hi @derrickm, do you happened to have any sample template files for it? I’ve looking for it for many times by now,

Thanks,
-G

Here’s an example file, which Mautic imports with no problems:
https://support.mailpoet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/exported-demo-list.csv

Open it in a text editor and have a look at the file structure - it’s very simple.

I think automating this process is really handy. I often ad new contacts to my address book whom I’d like to follow up with an email.

Add this feature to github since more developers are there.

Google Contacts import and sync with mautic #FeatureRequest

Give it a +1 there!