In the email configuration settings I have set 100 emails max to be sent per day but after adding contacts I see all of them have been processed in the campaign

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.3
My PHP version is: 8.0.25
My Database type and version is: MySQL57Platform 5.7.40

Your problem
My problem is:

In the email configuration settings, I have set 100 emails max to be sent per day but after adding contacts I see all of them have been processed in the campaign.

I hope this doesn’t ruin my deliverability. Please help me having this sorted.

I assume you are referring to the “Default Frequency Rule” setting? That is a per-contact value, not for the total system.

Thank you for replying. So does this mean that setting “Default Frequency Rule” will let you limit the amount of emails sent to every single contact in the set time period? If this is so I feel it should be explicitly mentioned with the setting.

Also, at the moment I am warming up my server so I need to gradually increase emails sent everyday. Do I need to set up cron jobs to limit the numbers of emails sent everyday for this or there is another method?

Good point about making things clearer in the UI. I suggest you create an issue in Github directly to make sure it does not get lost! Sign in to GitHub · GitHub

For warming up, there are different approaches that people take. If you cannot control the numbers through smaller segments, or if that’s too much manual work, the mautic:broadcast:send cronjob is indeed your friend. Rather than running it frequently you might run it once a day with --limit=100 (or maybe 10 times but limit=10?)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.