Inbox received the reply but Mautic didn't recognize it

Your software
My Mautic version is: 3.0.1
My PHP version is: 7.3.14-1

Your problem
My problem is: Hi there! First I am a newbie on this open source marketing automation so please bear with me :slight_smile:

So I’ve been analyzing the performance of our campaign. Basically what it does is just send emails and if it receives replies it would then update that contact stage saying we got his/her First Reply. Some worked pretty well and their response was received by the INBOX of the account where it is supposed to reply AND Mautic was able to recognize it as well labeling it “Email Replied”. NOW, here’s the issue, some response was received by the INBOX BUT Mautic WAS NOT ABLE to recognize it even though the reply was sent just on time. No bounce emails were also received. and the contact was able to reply on the right “FROM” email I used to send out emails.

Why do you think is this happening?

Is it because of the email service used for the reply? or is it because of my email server? I don’t know.

I hope you could enlighten me what to do or how to further troubleshoot this problem of mine.

These errors are showing in the log: There were no error logs

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: Checking error logs but none recorded, checked if contact replied to the right email address, checked if there were bounced emails but none recorded.

I have problems as well with unsubscribe messages. Sometimes they get recognized, other times I need to update them manually. Dont know what is the issue, and would like to know as well.

Did you manage to solve this problem?

I’m having the same issue (link), although I never got campaign e-mail replies to work in the first place.

Apparently, still waiting for the possible solution, been waiting for quite some time now ":smiley: