Installed Mautic 5.0.0-alpha1 via composer - getting error 500

I couldn’t find a 5.+ category in forum so I am posting it here under GD. Please move to correct category if this post is in the wrong category.

I installed 5.0.0-alpha1 using composer and when I visit the web URL, it’s giving me a error 500 so I went to look the error log. Here the extract from error log

PHP Fatal error:  Failed opening required '/home/techbill/public_html/index.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php81/root/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

The index.php is in the /home/techbill/public_html folder so i am not sure why it fail to open it. Anyone have any idea why it failed?

There is a production composer installed Mautic 4.+ running on same server under cPanel so I doubt it something related to server or an server issue.

Hi @techbill - good call, we haven’t yet got a category as we’re still in alpha so most feedback comes via Slack / GitHub at this stage.

My first thoughts would be the usual - have you checked the cache, checked the file/folder permissions and whatnot.

I am not sure how much we’ve done regarding installing in different environments, but I would also suggest checking you’re running PHP 8.0 on the server as well, because you can’t use Mautic 5 with 7.4.

1 Like

I am running 8.1 but I will change it down to 8.0 and try again.

1 Like

Yeah 8.1 is not yet supported I don’t think - will have to check!

1 Like

I haven’t be able to make more time to do further testing on 5 yet. I was very busy this summer and you probably noticed that since I wasn’t very chatty in the chat room lately :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like