This is a quick install guide for Azure Websites. The purpose is make it grow within this thread. I will appreciate any contribution to it.
- Log in to Azure Portal with your account (you must have a Credit Card associated, won’t work with Open Subscriptions)
- Create a ClearDB MySQL Database. I selected the Venus Plan (10$/month). Log in and note down the connection data (server, user and password).
- Create a Web App, and note down the FTP connection parameters. For example, let’s say we have created http://mautic.azurewebsites.net
- Download Mautic and unzip it
- Upload via FTP the Mautic files
- Browse the website (http://mautic.azurewebsites.net). Follow the wizard. Provide the ClearDB connection data when required. Let the wizard run.
At this point you should be running Mautic on Azure Websites. However if you try to browse the URL http://mautic.azurewebsites.net it won’t work unless you add /index.php at the end. To overcome this problem create a web.config file with the contents below (IIS Rewrite Rules and mime types) and upload it to the root folder where you uploaded Mautic:
There is still an issue to solve: the performance is not good, I suppose because of the connection with ClearDB. I keep investigating, if anyone discover the solution I will appreciate if he/she can post it.