Integration SocialPilot

My idea is:
Social media posting functionality via SocialPilot API. Just like the existing social media plugin, but through SocialPilot API. So that you have all your social media channels in one place and can post to multiple channels at once.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
People who use social media for their brand(s).

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
Right now you can’t implement all your social media channels into Mautic, which is very inconvenient. Social media is important nowadays to connect with your clients. They can see who clicks on their social media links with the asset links. This means you can easily expand your marketing automation to social media.

Are you willing to work on this idea?:
I’d like to implement social media posting functionality via SocialPilot API so it will allow me to create posts and see scheduled ones in Mautic calendar. I am already working on this idea by myself right now, but for maintainability, I would like to contribute this plugin to Mautic.
The problem right now is the maintainability of the extending of existing forms/entities. When Mautic is upgraded to for example 4.0, the plugin probably won’t work anymore.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot.
In Mautic you create actions relative to each contact’s timeline. Some contacts are at the beginning of the funnel, some contacts are at the end.
How is social media fitting into this? Social media is a one to many relation, while Mautic is one to one.
SocialPilot has a bunch of other features, that overlap Mautic.

1 Like

For the social posting: We see Mautic also as a content platform to distribute content over multiple channels. Social media is definitely one of the more important channels.

For the inbox management: This would be another huge improvement, another way to reach and communicate with your contacts.

In Mautic the goal is to get a good profile of an user, but this also can be used to create buyer persona’s over the current user base. Both can me used to make posts and messages more personalized.

It theory I agree with you. You can send direct messages - that I can imagine. But how can you post to just one person on Facebook for example? Posts are visible to groups.

I really wanto to see this happen, if anyone would work on this, I’d support it with contributions. Wonder if we can make it as good as the $5 / month Buffer or other alternatives. AND keep up with the ever changing Facebook integration API and policies.

Joey

1 Like