Possibility to add new channels (e.g., messages via Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, etc.)

Mautic has a predefined list of channels (Channels | Mautic Community Documentation).
Today marketing messages can be delivered via other channels like phone calls, voice messages, chat messages in Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram etc.

My idea is:
Have a possibility to add other channels (see above) and seamlessly integrate them with the core Mautic functionality, e.g., campaign, tracking, scoring etc.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea:
Marketers can utilize benefits of modern communication channels and reach their target audience in preferred ways

Why I think they would benefit from this idea:
It allows to log and count all outbound actions more holistically, score prospects/leads more accurately, and allocate marketing effort to get high bounce rate.

Any code or resources to support this idea:

Look at this tutorial (video and screenshots):

At the bottom of the screen you can see sections “Tasks”, “Call”, “Skype Call”, “Meeting”:

Are you willing to work on this idea?:
Rather as a customer / requirement manager

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?
A developer knowledgeable in Mautic source code and architecture

Hi there, if this is a commercial job you would be better moving it to the Commercial category and providing the details of the position, remuneration available etc as per the post template.

If you are suggesting that it should be possible to extend this capability, you can do this through plugins I believe.

Thanks for the reply, rcheesley.

Can you refer me to such plugins? Or at least some clues how to search them:

• log chat messages (manually)
  • send messages via skype, telegram, whatsapp (automatically)
  • add planned tasks, schedule appointments
  • appropriate actions to be taken into account while calculating contact scoring (points)

@mfliorko is there any way to add new channel in list of predefined channels? i have already used Text Message Settings channel to send text sms through textlocal vendor and now I have to send communication msgs using Whatsapp without overriding text msgs textlocal plugin settings.

Thank you in advance!

This is old but wanted to say:

You see the zapier one? Use that with various social messenger zaps. If zapier is lacking a messenger type then take twilio or zapier and modify it to use this One messaging API to leverage all instant messengers and social media | Umnico API

Additional channel of communication – Viber
Why do I think it would be useful?
It’s a stylish, fast, practical way to send marketing messages.
Most people have the Viber application on their smart devices.
Viber is one of the most used communication channels – more than 3 billion users.
You can use up to 1000 characters in one Viber message.
You can add a photo or a link.
You have the option to fight back and block.
Multiple forms of Viber communication: one-way and two-way – user can reply, better user experience.
Sales Snap, a marketing automation tool, provides good conditions for those who want to maintain communication with their customers by sending personalized Viber messages.

I think this is useful in Central Europe for sure.
Mautic supports this option, you can code it.

I’m glad we share the same opinion. In Central Europe, this option is very important. Please note that we, within Sales Snap, have already developed a solution for Viber marketing and are ready for implementation, with the support of Mautic.

That is amazing!
Will you share a plugin?

Of course! Send me a message and I will forward you the contact.

1 Like

Hi @mako1 , if you intend to make this public for all, please let me know and I’ll be happy to share the info on the Mauticast podcast!