Integration for WhatsApp and Telegram Messaging Channel

My idea is: Out of box support for WhatsApp without third party. Meta (Facebook) have release for the public WhatsApp API.

I think these groups of people would benefit from this idea: Businesses will appreciate having a direct two-way communication channel to communicate via messaging

Why I think they would benefit from this idea: Almost everyone uses WhatsApp

Any code or resources to support this idea: just a feature request, I can assist in no-code area.

Are you willing to work on this idea?: Sure, any no-code requirements

What skills and resources do you need to explore this further?

2 Likes

I’ve talked with Twilio, and they said that to send a WhatsApp message through them you’d just need to send the phone number as “whatsapp:+1234567890”.

This should be achievable with a few changes to the Twilio plugin:

*Add WhatsApp as an available feature with the Twilio plugin
*When the WhatsApp feature is enabled, create a new campaign action called “Send WhatsApp message”
*When that campaign action is executed, append “whatsapp:” to the beginning of the phone number (which Mautic would normally use for sending a text message"
*Add an option for “Send WhatsApp” to Segment SMS, which would also add “whatsapp:” to the beginning of the phone number when sending the number to Twilio.

2 Likes

That cool but it will be great to have a direct WhatsApp integration without going through a third party now that the API is open to the public.

3 Likes

I’ve found this plugin Weekend Project: a Mautic Whatsapp Plugin – Joey Keller
but couldn’t make it work in Mautic 4.4.4
It replaces the sms channel with Whatsapp from Wo-Wa company

@joeyk can you help?