Integration with Event Tracking tool

Has anyone ideas or examples of integrating Mautic with an Event Tracking analytics platform? Like Kissmetrics, Amplitude or Mixpanel.

I have been using them to mark up another project but now wondering if the points and events in here could be sent to the analytics too? Or would I have to custom add them.

thanks

tristan

1 Like

Has anyone ideas or examples of integrating Mautic with an Event Tracking analytics platform? Like Kissmetrics, Amplitude or Mixpanel.

I have been using them to mark up another project but now wondering if the points and events in here could be sent to the analytics too? Or would I have to custom add them.

thanks

tristan

I’ve been looking at this myself a little bit and trying to figure out what all would be involved in the integration. I think there’s value in those other platforms and would like to hear what you think are the key integration points that should be made. When there is an overlap which platform takes precedence?

-David

David

You might want to see if a link up with https://segment.com/ might be possible, as segment io allows marking up data and then channeling it to tracking and other services. This might be the wrong way round though, I would not be sure without looking. It might allow you to not tie to one tool though.

What I think you would want is either at an api callback level or in javascript add tracking tags to all the event points. It may take looking at the system and choosing an approach though, as event tracking has the possibility to be custom to each set up.
If it had the space to add javascript tags for each action in Mautic, or take the approach of Google Tag Manager and pass the data through there. That the calls are all set up inside the tag manager not on site.

Would be useful and I think from the scoring you see in the admin you may have the right points triggering actions, I have not looked at the code to see though.

t

I would also like to see this, I really like the mautic platform from a marketeers perspective but the tracking platform we have is much more powerful in terms of just tracking events.

We’re using Snowplow which allows you track unstructured meta data with events and then use an sql runner when processing the data to create data models of user behaviour. It also sits on any cloud platform you want, we’re using AWS and it can easily scale to Millions of requests per second. Or data warehouse currenty has a about 3m raw event rows and 1.5m rows of meta information and about 5m rows of modelled data.

Looking at the database tables I could quite easily model the data into the model required for Mautic but I don’t want to be interacting with DB directly as I am not sure how the contact id is generated. and as we already have a lot of data it would be good to import it and then just keep it up to date by sending events and contact updates using an API or messaging queue. I believe a queuing API is already been discussed over on github in one of the pull requests.

If anybody else has any thoughts on this it would be appreciated.

Cheers Dan

This is indeed a very important aspect and I am surprised not to see more interest and/or community questions/development around it. snowplowanalytics.com or Segment.com are middle-ware solutions, making possible for contact events and micro-events to flow back and forth to the tools where it can be used most effectively. For example, Mautic dashboard is somehow limited, what if you could use amplitude.com right out of the box, by simply enabling a plugin?

I would like to know from others how are they doing their marketing in 2017 with (or without) these capabilities in place.

I would also like to see snowplowanalytics integrated with mautic. That seems very valuable for personalization. Snowplow Sauna seems like a good fit for mautic.