Is anyone using Mautic's built in calendar

I’m not aware of any of our customers using the Calendar - just feedback that it’s not helpful. I’m in favor of removing it for now.

In the future, I do think we should bring the Calendar back, assuming it does get removed now. A few changes I’d like to see:

• If a segment email, SMS, push notification, or any other channel is scheduled to send at a specific time, show that schedule on the calendar.
  • If campaigns or any other items are scheduled to be published or unpublished at a specific time, show those schedules on the calendar
  • If there are a particularly high number of campaign events scheduled to execute on a particular day or time, show those events on the calendar. This may need to be configurable per instance and possibly even per campaign. Or, a standard percentage might be better than a hard number. For example “40% of the contacts in campaign ID 1 are scheduled for X event to execute on July 8, 2022 at 2:30pm EDT”

Event types should be filterable, so perhaps only scheduled segment emails would appear. That could help clean up the calendar a bit. I’ve worked with other customers who use tools like SFMC and they regularly use the calendars there to see what’s scheduled to happen - even if an email isn’t actually ready to go.

For more of a future vision, we could enable users to set due dates on any message so those could appear on the calendar - with a warning if the message hasn’t been scheduled.

Another further future idea - users could click on a date and create a message or campaign as an event, which would then create a campaign, email, SMS, etc. as a placeholder. This would help marketers plan their calendars from within Mautic, then once the calendar is set they can create any items necessary. If a campaign has a set time period over which it’ll run, all items within the campaign (or Program, if that feature comes around) could be linked from a pop-up modal when someone clicks the event on the calendar to make it easy for reviewing & editing.

3 Likes