Is there a straight forward way to move batches of contacts into a campaign queue?

Your software
My Mautic version is: 5.03
My PHP version is: 8.1.27
My Database type and version is: Mysql

Your problem
My problem is: Want to move data from one segment into another, automatically, in chunks of 1000.

These errors are showing in the log: n/a

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:

1. Created a contact segment called queue.

2. Have a list of imported emails, that I want to only send to in batches of 1000 per day.

3. I tried creating a campaign called “fill queue” that simply re-assigns the contact segment, however, I cant find a way to limit the number it processes per day. I only want it to move 1000 per day. As it stands, it re-assigns all of them in my testing.

4. I dont want to mess with the crons. The reason being that this is specific to one campaign only, not every campaign we run through Mautic, and there is the potential that we will setup more campaigns like this, each which will have different volume requirements.

Any advice or help is appreciated.

You can add a date as a field to each contact (prefill in import.)
Make sure you have each 1000 contacts the same date, staruting with today, going forward to tomorrow, etc.

Date should be the day, when they should join the segment.

Make sure your segment has that date (and earlier dates) in your segment (customdate equals or less then 0).

Joey

2 Likes

Thanks. The date method works. Its a little cumbersome from the data processing perspective, but works as described in Mautic.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.