Issue with special characters in email passwords

I have just been setting up a new instance of Mautic for a client. I have set up a new email account for Mautic (noreply@) and the password contains special characters. It doesn’t seem to create an issue in the sendmail function but the inbox monitoring has barfed out the following

Code:
[18-May-2016 00:33:59 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: 'capital letter hidden for security' in hiddenforconfidentiality/app/config/local.php on line 122 [18-May-2016 00:33:59 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: 'lowercase letter hidden for security' in hiddenforconfidentiality/app/config/local.php on line 122

Please note that the above error_log has been edited for security reasons.

The site stopped responding to clicks only allowing me to enter specific urls to navigate around the site.

These 2 characters are directly after a '$' sign in each instance. Once I removed the password stored on line 122 my site was fully accessible again.

I have just been setting up a new instance of Mautic for a client. I have set up a new email account for Mautic (noreply@) and the password contains special characters. It doesn’t seem to create an issue in the sendmail function but the inbox monitoring has barfed out the following

[18-May-2016 00:33:59 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: 'capital letter hidden for security' in hiddenforconfidentiality/app/config/local.php on line 122 [18-May-2016 00:33:59 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: 'lowercase letter hidden for security' in hiddenforconfidentiality/app/config/local.php on line 122

Please note that the above error_log has been edited for security reasons.

The site stopped responding to clicks only allowing me to enter specific urls to navigate around the site.

These 2 characters are directly after a ‘$’ sign in each instance. Once I removed the password stored on line 122 my site was fully accessible again.

Thanks for that. I’m not sure that’s a long-term, user-friendly, solution to e-mail password management.

Ha! Sorry. Didn’t read below the line in your post. New around here and I probably discounted it as a signature. Shall check tomorrow and let you know. Thanks

Hello again. This installation isn’t on my server but the client’s own. I believe it is “bluehost”. The version number I have is 5.6.17

app/config/local

"password" => "", 

Thanks.

for the record, this GH issue is related: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/1301