Password contains % sign and configuration does not saved

Your software
My Mautic version is: v3.2.1
My PHP version is: 7.3.23
My Database type and version is: mysqli 5.0.12

Your problem
My problem is: I cannot save the email setting under Setting cog icon -> Configuration -> Email Setting with my password because my password contains % percentage sign when I change my password to something else without % sign it saved.

These errors are showing in the log: [2020-12-13 23:54:30] mautic.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException: “The parameter “password” must be defined.” at /path/to/mautic/var/cache/prod/Container1uq4dgc/appProdProjectContainer.php line 10643 {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\InvalidArgumentException(code: 0): The parameter “password” must be defined. at /path/to/mautic/var/cache/prod/Container1uq4dgc/appProdProjectContainer.php:10643)"}

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I removed % sign in my password and settings are saved.

I have the same problem on Mautic 4.4.4 - PHP 8.0, when I try to save the SMTP password of my Amazon SES server that contains +, it is saved only the last part after the + and it is indeed impossible to use.
I cannot change my password on SMTO because is automatically generated by Amazon.

Anyone has a solution?

Thanks,

Simone