Char in IMAP password crashes Mautic

Example IMAP password: 6Q{%X|NQgsw8Cd7B1+%j

Reaction of Mautic: Crash

Seems to be the % char

Error in log file:

PHP message: exception ‘Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ParameterNotFoundException’ with message ‘The service “mautic.security” has a dependency on a non-existent parameter “x|nqgsw8cd7b1+”.’ in /var/www/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php:84

Example IMAP password: 6Q{%X|NQgsw8Cd7B1+%j
Reaction of Mautic: Crash
Seems to be the % char
Error in log file:
PHP message: exception ‘Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Exception\ParameterNotFoundException’ with message ‘The service “mautic.security” has a dependency on a non-existent parameter “x|nqgsw8cd7b1+”.’ in /var/www/mautic/vendor/symfony/dependency-injection/ParameterBag/ParameterBag.php:84

It is utf8_unicode_ci

I forgot:
Mautic 2.0.1
PHP 5.6.25 / Apache on Debian 7

Hi FMG juste in case you or someone found a solution could you tel me ? I think our problem are related.

Link to my post

Yo I found it !

It is the % in the string that fuck this up…

you can change it in the setting file (not the db…)

Here’s how :

edit the file local.php in /app/config and change the part that cause problem (in your case the passord string for anythig that don’t have % like “this bug is a huge time waster” :slight_smile: and you will have access to your site again.

Hope this help !

$ signs in passwords also won’t work, as I commented here https://github.com/mautic/mautic/issues/3195