Issue with WP Mautic Plugin and tags (solved)

I built a double optin system using @joeyk excellent tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft3IOI1afow&t=559s

I had an issue though where the contact was not being tagged in mautic.

With @joeyk’s help we managed to figure it out.

The tag shortcode places a .gif on the page. I was using SMUSH, a cache plugin on my site. I had the lazy load option for images turned on which was stopping the tag gif from being loaded. Once that was turned off it all started working.

With cache plugins being popular I am sure many will have this issue.

PS yes you can tag website visitors using the WP mautc plugin and the shortcode [mautic type=“tags” values=“tag”] Replace “tag” with whatever tag you want eg “DOI” for double optin.

1 Like

Glad it worked. :slight_smile: Laziness never pays off.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing!!!

1 Like

I’m looking to see if anyone works on this WP Mautic Plugin, because it hasn’t been worked on or updated in over a year, WordPress is not saying it’s high risk plugin to be using and multiple security plugins scan and tell you it’s high vulnerability risk and isn’t compatible with the WordPress anymore. I have to disable it and activate again after I do any other plugin or Wordpress updates. The WP Mautic plugin will break or stall WordPress when doing any of these updates. I have never had one issue with this plugin in a long time and now it’s consistent on all my websites I have it used on.