"legacy" email templates showing multiple "<style>.cke{visibility:hidden;}</style>"

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.4.x (installed latest 4.4.6, and it still have the same behaviour)
My PHP version is: 7.4.33
My Database type and version is: 10.3.37-MariaDB-0ubuntu0.20.04.1

Your problem
My problem is: templates that were done and working perfectly on Mautic’s versions 3.x started producing multiple “.cke{visibility:hidden;}” just before the closing “” in channels > emails.

This happens, either by using GrapeJS, or by using the old editor, with all “legacy” templates that used to work.

These errors are showing in the log: no errors appear

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: the only way that I can remove those multiple entries is to enter into code view mode, and manually remove those entries that appear just before the closing

Is there anything that should be done besides appending ““builder”: [“legacy”, “grapesjsbuilder”],” to config.json, as stated in the documentation?

Thanks in advance for any advice on this. Best regards.

any solution?

I saw it also, with my custom email template (for legacy Email Builder).

It is not visible, so I let it be :slight_smile: . It is not nice, but I suppose nobody who receives my emails will ever see it.

And it does not make my emails much bigger in size. There are 646 chars more … I can live with that.

The problem is that this problem can grow exponentially because, from what I understand, It’s related to the number of times one modifies the text in the legacy builder… I have several people that work with me, and in several cases, it’s easier to “clone” an email, and perform changes on that new version of the publication. The problem with that is that those lines are appended to themselves. Suddenly we get 200 or more hidden lines or even more… And it is not just a problem with emails, since landing pages have the same problem. I guess some changes were made in CKEditor that went unnoticed, or at least the version included in Mautic has this bug…

IonutOjicaDe via Mautic Community Forums <notifications@mautic.discoursemail.com> escreveu no dia terça, 30/05/2023 à(s) 23:00:

I also use a lot the “duplicate email and extend it further” method.

And I was not aware that this is the time when the text is appended. Therefore I would suspect exactly this function for the bug: the duplicate email function. As I am not a programmer, I do not know where to check for.

Regarding the CKEditor : I thought that this editor is used only in connection to GrapesJS Editor and, when the GrapesJS Plugin is deactivated, there is only the Froala editor (and only this one, without CKEditor).