Loading time improved for pixel tracking

Hi,

Using tools.pingdom.com I noticed that the pixel tracking takes about 2 seconds to load on my website.

We have improved the loading time of the tracking pixel indexing in the database the ip_address column that is in the ip_addresses table. Now it takes the half of time to complete the full load of the pixel tracking.

I would like to ask you if this is a good practice or if I must expect any problems for doing so.

Moreover, I wonder if there is any chance to optimize the loading time of the pixel, because I’ve a probably related issue: comparing with Google Analytics, the number of live visitors differs a lot. While Mautic’s Dashboard shows 15 visitors online, Google Analitycs show 40 visitors online.

Also, I’ve observed several instances of Mautic and I can see that the loading time of the tracking pixel fluctuates greatly, and it is not because of the size of the database.

As example I’ve checked the loading time, also with tools.pingdom.com, on www.mautic.org and only takes 200 ms, but in www.allyde.com takes more than 2 seconds…

Do you think that this excessive load time is causing that Mautic can not record all the concurrent visits on websites with high traffic?

Thanks!

Hi Seti,

What version of Mautic are you using? The reason I ask is that 1.2.0 should have added an index for the ip_address column along with a number of other indexes to improve performance. The fluctuation you’re observing is thus likely due to different versions of Mautic.

Thanks!
Alan

Hi,

Using tools.pingdom.com I noticed that the pixel tracking takes about 2 seconds to load on my website.

We have improved the loading time of the tracking pixel indexing in the database the ip_address column that is in the ip_addresses table. Now it takes the half of time to complete the full load of the pixel tracking.

I would like to ask you if this is a good practice or if I must expect any problems for doing so.

Moreover, I wonder if there is any chance to optimize the loading time of the pixel, because I’ve a probably related issue: comparing with Google Analytics, the number of live visitors differs a lot. While Mautic’s Dashboard shows 15 visitors online, Google Analitycs show 40 visitors online.

Also, I’ve observed several instances of Mautic and I can see that the loading time of the tracking pixel fluctuates greatly, and it is not because of the size of the database.

As example I’ve checked the loading time, also with tools.pingdom.com, on www.mautic.org and only takes 200 ms, but in www.allyde.com takes more than 2 seconds…

Do you think that this excessive load time is causing that Mautic can not record all the concurrent visits on websites with high traffic?

Thanks!

Great news Alan!

I’m using 1.1.2 at this moment, I got an error while updating to 1.2…

Is it possible to get the update files and scripts from version 1.2 to try to update manually instead to update from your server? I don’t want to loose data starting from scratch.

Thanks,
S.