Mautic pixel takes too long to load

Hello!

I have Mautic installed on a seperate domain and I use the tracking pixel placed via the Wordpress app. But the pixel adds upto 3 seconds loading time for my site. It’s really annoying. Is it necessary to have it? Does have anything to say that it ads 3 seconds to the loading?

Hello!

I have Mautic installed on a seperate domain and I use the tracking pixel placed via the Wordpress app. But the pixel adds upto 3 seconds loading time for my site. It’s really annoying. Is it necessary to have it? Does have anything to say that it ads 3 seconds to the loading?

I am seeing long load times for the tracking gif too. 1.62 seconds as apposed to 560ms for the majority of my site.

I do not know how to find the Mautic version. I installed it about 10 days ago.

I am using http://www.monitis.com/pageload/ to check the load speeds.

mtracking.gif is more than double the load time of the remainder of my page.

CraigM

I am running Mautic on a shared server with Hostgator.

A pixel is a pixel. A pixel should never take twice as long to load as an entire image.

I host all of my sites on Hostgator (yes, they suck!). I like keeping all of my businesses under a single roof. Reaching out to another server…mautic.org seems like an additional complication and delay.

I use WP Super Cache to cache my pages. Does the Mautic pixel get cached along with the page? If not why not?

I am running an ecommerce site running the latest WooCommerce version to generate the store pages.

I extremely surprised that loading a single pixel can take so long.

Thanks for your help, CraigM

@CraigM how would you cache a tracking pixel, which purpose is solely to identify the website visitor, who loaded it? It wouldn’t work if your mautic server would not receive any calls for this tracking pixel from each visitor anymore.

Yes, I can see how the tracking pixel would need to be generated for each user and not cached.

The only way that wight work is to generate the pixel and rebuild the cache after each visitor. That might help low volume sites improve load time.

I do not know enough about php to offer an intelligent opinion.

Craigm

There should be a better solution, Google analytics doesn’t take a long time to load?

Thanks! That was a good recommendation :wink:

Hey MxyzptlkFishStix, I guess the wordpress plugin needs to be updated to use the JS code?