lost on the update-path

Good evening

I’m a bit lost on the update-path:

1. I run the 1.4.1 at my provider, he offers PHP 5.6.16 and 7.0.6 (5.6.19 is impossible there, they say)
  2. When I switch over to PHP7, Mautic 1.4.1 complains. Understand.
  3. I don’t see any update-notification to 2.x, presumably, because the existing PHP 5.6.16 wouldn’t allow it to run. Understand.

I am lost now. How can I do the Step to Mautic 2? Just exporting the DB, installing 2.x.y via ftp and reinstalling the DB may not work because of the schema updates.

Please, any ideas welcome. Don’t want to lose track.

Thanks, folks!

OLAF

Good evening
I’m a bit lost on the update-path:

1. I run the 1.4.1 at my provider, he offers PHP 5.6.16 and 7.0.6 (5.6.19 is impossible there, they say)
  2. When I switch over to PHP7, Mautic 1.4.1 complains. Understand.
  3. I don’t see any update-notification to 2.x, presumably, because the existing PHP 5.6.16 wouldn’t allow it to run. Understand.

I am lost now. How can I do the Step to Mautic 2? Just exporting the DB, installing 2.x.y via ftp and reinstalling the DB may not work because of the schema updates.

Please, any ideas welcome. Don’t want to lose track.
Thanks, folks!
OLAF

Well, THAT sounds simple :slight_smile:

So, I switch to PHP7.0.6, Run the Script (via Browser) and wait. After maybe a Minute or so I receive an error 500. Do I do something wrong?

any Ideas anyone?
Can I import a DB-Backup from 1.4 into 2?

@olafdammann you are in a shared server?

well… I have rented a Webspace at my provider (df.eu). There I have several domains, all isolated from each other. In some Wordpresses are running, in some Mautics, the PHP-Settings can be adjusted per domain.

Not sure if this is what you mean?

email me to shared screen jninhilario@gmail.com

Booooahh! After a Skype with Joan (Thanks, Man!!!) he pointed that the update.php was executed unter PHP4. After a call with the provider I can run the Script now from the CLI unter PHP7:

(19:12:03) [caretaker] /usr/local/bin/php7-70STABLE-CLI upgrade.php
Checking for new updates…updating to 2.1.1!
Extracting the update package…done!
Moving files…done!
Clearing the cache…done!
Rebuilding the cache…done!
Applying migrations…done!
Cleaning up…done!

looks promising…
Then I deleted the app/cache-Folder and open the page in the browser. Damn! It says, “The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.”
And it gives this:
Fatal error: Uncaught SymfonyComponentDebugExceptionFatalThrowableError: Type error: Argument 1 passed to SymfonyComponentTranslationLoaderArrayLoader::flatten() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/vendor/symfony/translation/Loader/ArrayLoader.php on line 28 in /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/vendor/symfony/translation/Loader/ArrayLoader.php:49 Stack trace: #0 /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/vendor/symfony/translation/Loader/ArrayLoader.php(28): SymfonyComponentTranslationLoaderArrayLoader->flatten(false) #1 /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/app/bundles/CoreBundle/Loader/TranslationLoader.php(108): SymfonyComponentTranslationLoaderArrayLoader->load(false, ‘de’, ‘messages’) #2 /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/app/bundles/CoreBundle/Loader/TranslationLoader.php(77): MauticCoreBundleLoaderTranslationLoader->loadTranslations(Object(SymfonyComponentTranslationMessageCatalogue), ‘de’ in /kunden/kapinski.net/leben-fuehren.de/caretaker/app/bundles/CoreBundle/Templating/Helper/ThemeHelper.php on line 70

shit… Any further ideas?
desperate OLAF

even a full restore of all Files from the old 1.4.1-Istalation didn’t solve it :frowning:
Now I really get nervous…
Any Ideas anyone?

@olafdammann im in skype again.

So, okay, I can now restore my M1.4.1 very well…
I can reproduce the mentioned error now. Strating from a working M1.4.1 executing the update.php on CLI results in a crash.

To the Programmers: The word “translation” occurs often int he errorcode. Is something wrong with the DE translation of M2?

done.
reinstalled a fresh new 1.4.1 manually (what a painfull process…) updated, works now.

cool! @olafdammann