Mautic 1.x -> 2.1.1 & Emails.

We’ve been holding off upgrading for several months due to a very active marketing period, but I’m now testing 2.1.1 on our dev environment to iron out the kinks before pushing to the live server.

We use mautic to provide CMS & email auto responses for several websites and have many custom email templates as a result.

Non of these seem to work in 2.1.1. The builder gives blank screens, trying to preview them shows a 500 error which isn’t present in the logs. What am I missing? Reading thru the release notes of 2.0 & 2.1, I see that tempting/editor engine was changed -did this change break and remove all support for emails created under the 1.3 regime?

Do I need to re-create all my triggered emails if I upgrade to 2.x?

We’ve been holding off upgrading for several months due to a very active marketing period, but I’m now testing 2.1.1 on our dev environment to iron out the kinks before pushing to the live server.

We use mautic to provide CMS & email auto responses for several websites and have many custom email templates as a result.

Non of these seem to work in 2.1.1. The builder gives blank screens, trying to preview them shows a 500 error which isn’t present in the logs. What am I missing? Reading thru the release notes of 2.0 & 2.1, I see that tempting/editor engine was changed -did this change break and remove all support for emails created under the 1.3 regime?

Do I need to re-create all my triggered emails if I upgrade to 2.x?

Progress? Had a small permissions problem (after running upgrade.php some files had wrong group association).

… but now all my custom emails seem to have had a ‘default’ template applied to them and are ruined?

Is this normal?

Here is an idea of the custom themes we’ve created using 1.3.1 - can these be ‘updated’ to the new system?

Can I get some guidance please?

Do I need to re-create all the custom emails we have created under the 1.4 regime to upgrade to 2.x? Is there a html only editor in 2.x? The WYSIWYG editor seem to break our creative.

@brendanm The template made in Mautic v1.x.x don’t work in Mautic 2.x.x since they change the editor.
In Mautic 2.x.x you can use HTML templates

:frowning: so we can also trash our well crafted templates now and rebuild them.
Is there an updated documentation how templates should be built? I think this https://mautic.org/docs/en/themes/index.html is still for the old version?