Mautic and XAMMP

Can someone tell me why I would run Mautic locally? I am messing about with Wordpress and XAMPP and a few themes and plugins etc. and really enjoying myself. Learning a lot and understanding more and more about the system and how they all play together. However I am wondering if I will see the same benefits with a local install of Mautic given that it kind of (if I’m thinking about mautic correctly) needs the net and external site visitors to really test its functionality? OR is there a way that I am currently unaware of to simulate ‘site visitors’ etc so that I can see how mautic responds to various situations on my local install. As in I put the tracking cookie and logs a new visit then I have that new visitor interact with a contact form and mautic logs that info THEN I come back (somehow) and have mautic log that as a separate visitor and log it differently.

Can someone tell me why I would run Mautic locally? I am messing about with Wordpress and XAMPP and a few themes and plugins etc. and really enjoying myself. Learning a lot and understanding more and more about the system and how they all play together. However I am wondering if I will see the same benefits with a local install of Mautic given that it kind of (if I’m thinking about mautic correctly) needs the net and external site visitors to really test its functionality? OR is there a way that I am currently unaware of to simulate ‘site visitors’ etc so that I can see how mautic responds to various situations on my local install. As in I put the tracking cookie and logs a new visit then I have that new visitor interact with a contact form and mautic logs that info THEN I come back (somehow) and have mautic log that as a separate visitor and log it differently.