MAUTIC NOT WORKING ON UBUNTU 16.04

HI all, i have tried 5 times now to get mautic working, tried with different version of PHP etc.

gives the same error each time, ive followed the install docs, and tried other things. im stumped?

Not Found

The requested URL /mautic was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.x Port 80

HI all, i have tried 5 times now to get mautic working, tried with different version of PHP etc.

gives the same error each time, ive followed the install docs, and tried other things. im stumped?

Not Found

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.x Port 80

[quote=20209:@renegadeza]HI all, i have tried 5 times now to get mautic working, tried with different version of PHP etc.

Not Found

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at xxx.xxx.xxx.x Port 80[/quote]

I run 4 mautic installation on 4 different Ubuntu 16.04 so yes it mautic works on Ubuntu.
We run our servers on digitalocean with serverpilot administration on them. It is really easy to install mautic or any other apps on the server when using digitalocean + serverpilot together.

Thanks for the reply. Im hosting the Server privately, only need help with getting it working. There must be something im missing, ive followed all the steps googled my ass off, and same result. has any one got a step by step on how to get this working properly, either IIS 7 or Linux. ill be extremely greatful.

Hey Renegadeza,

I’ve literally just done this myself, it took me sometime to get things going maybe 4 times of combining multiple different guides to get it done “right” as it felt like bits were missing from each guide but with a combination of this forum and Google I was able to get it working albeit with one very specific problem. My installation works fine with php7.

Which guide did you follow, one of these?

https://hostpresto.com/community/tutorials/install-and-configure-mautic-on-ubuntu-16-04/

or

https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-mautic-onubuntu-16-04-marketing-automation-software

Thanks man, ill try these two links and see what happens.

No problem, shout if you get stuck as if you follow these guides there will be a couple of problems and as soon as you say it, I will remember how to fix, just can’t remember from the top of my head. Just as a FYI I did my install on a LAMP stack, I couldn’t get the redirects to work properly on LEMP.

Cheers

This is the error every time, ive tried both lamp and lemp

The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.
System administrators, check server logs for errors.

not sure what im missing,

Ok got it working, and installed but the time on the campaigns and activity are wrong, have set the timezone.

any ideas

Try to move the mautic folder to /var/www/html , its a common mistake (for test only) after that you modify the sites and everything .
I had the same problem the first time.

If you are receiving the message, “The site is currently offline due to encountering an error. If the problem persists, please contact the system administrator.”, most likely it is because of a permissions issue. Try the following:

On Ubuntu, Apache usually runs as the www-data user. Some implementations of Apache run as the apache user.
Try the following, swapping out /path/to/mautic for your actual Mautic folder name.

chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/html/path/to/mautic

This should resolve the 500 error, then for good measure you should set these directories as writable.
First change directory to your Mautic folder then run the following commands.

cd /var/www/html/path/to/mautic chmod -R 755 /app chmod -R 755 /media chmod -R 755 /translations