Mautic self hosted vs. .com?

Sorry if this question exists. I did search but did not find the answer.

So, I’m currently using Marketo and seriously considering a move to Mautic.

Apart from support and hosting, is there any functional difference between self-hosted Mautic, and the paid service at Mautic.com?

Is there anything you can do with .com that you can’t do with self-hosted, in terms of marketing activities?

We have a dev here who is advocating for Mautic self-hosted, and can set it up for use, but he has no experience using the tool, except to mess around with a test version.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry if this question exists. I did search but did not find the answer.

So, I’m currently using Marketo and seriously considering a move to Mautic.

Apart from support and hosting, is there any functional difference between self-hosted Mautic, and the paid service at Mautic.com?

Is there anything you can do with .com that you can’t do with self-hosted, in terms of marketing activities?

We have a dev here who is advocating for Mautic self-hosted, and can set it up for use, but he has no experience using the tool, except to mess around with a test version.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello @petercrowell great to hear that you are seriously considering a move to Mautic!.

I have moved a few of company from Marketo to Mautic and is important that you know need to make a work plan for this.

@petercrowell Mautic Cloud Free is hosted by Mautic team you don’t need to setup any hardware and there is not account manager from Mautic.

Mautic Cloud Pro is hosted by Mautic team you don’t need to setup any hardware and you have an account manager from Mautic and more dedicated support staff.

Mautic Selft-Hosted is the one you download from Mautic.org this one need to be hosted on your own server and you will do all the configuration and support.

Hi @petercrowell - glad to hear that you’re considering Mautic as an alternative to Marketo! Mautic offers significant upside over Marketo including ease-of-use, flexible APIs, multi-channel campaigns, simple email and landing page builder, etc. But, I’m sure you already know that.

To answer your question directly, there is no feature/functional difference between Mautic Cloud and self-hosted Mautic. However there are other differences that you will want to consider to help make the decision that’s best for you.

Here’s a page we created to help explain some of those considerations in more detail https://mautic.com/self-hosted-mautic-vs-cloud/.

We’d be happy to have a chat to answer any additional questions you have about how Mautic compares to Marketo or making the choice between cloud and self-host. We can also share details on the migration plan our customer success team built for other customers who’ve made the switch to Mautic from Marketo.

Feel free to reach out to me directly (katie at mautic dot com) or contact us through the mautic.com site.