Mautic Community Forums

Maxmind GeoIP2 not working

To try and get more accurate geo info. I’ve switched to the Maxmind GeoIP2 precision service but I am now not even getting country information for new visitors.

I’ve added the User ID:Licence key combination to Mautic’s IP lookup service authentication in Config and updated the Maxmind files to the latest in Github which seem to have a recent fix but it’s still not working.



Any ideas?

To try and get more accurate geo info. I’ve switched to the Maxmind GeoIP2 precision service but I am now not even getting country information for new visitors.
I’ve added the User ID:Licence key combination to Mautic’s IP lookup service authentication in Config and updated the Maxmind files to the latest in Github which seem to have a recent fix but it’s still not working.

Any ideas?

Any error message in Matuic logs or server logs? Are you talking about this bug fix?

https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1077

I was updating to the code found here: https://www.openhub.net/p/mautic/commits/397325078. I’ve now also updated with pull 1077 but still no IP location info. or error messages in either the Mautic or server logs.

@katalysis, I’m afraid we don’t have access to Maxmind credentials to test so went with the documentation; it’s very possible we missed something in the conversion to the GeoIP 2 formats. If you’re willing to “loan” us a set of credentials, I’d be glad to test to see if we can figure out what’s going on. You can private conversation me here, email me at alan.hartless@this domain or find me as @alanhartless on Slack (https://mautic.org/slack).

Thanks!
Alan

Alan

I have written you a message including our specific credentials as we have exactly the same error. Please could you check and reply?

Hi @milescantley This should be resolved with https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/1167.

Thanks,
Alan

Alan this is still not working for us despite upgrading to the latest version of Mautic. Please could you test yourself with our credentials?

I just upgraded to v 1.4, and the geoip has stopped working altogether. The old settings from version 1.3 were retained, and what used to work now does not work anymore… My account at Maxmind say my subscription is for ‘GeoIP2 Precision: Insights’, which does not match any of the selections in the Mautic menu.

When I changed the IP lookup service to “MaxMind - Insights (formerly Omni)”, then it has started working with my MaxMind “GeoIP2 Precision: Insights” account.

I have solved this now. The issue is that the drop down in Configuration, System Settings to select the IP data provider was set to ‘MaxMind - GeoIP2 Precision’, and should have been set to ‘MaxMind Insights - formerly Omni’. The actual name of the service is ‘GeoIP2 Precision Insights’ so I am not sure what the duplication is for.

Hi guys,

I noticed that some of you encountered issue with MaxMind IP lookups. We are experiencing this issue here ourselves. we have service based Maxmind geoIP2 account and Maxmind Insights. No matter what we choose from both insights in settings or geoIP2, we aren’t getting correct lookups.

We are using the license key in the IP Lookup service authentication