Migrating Mautic to New Server DB Connection Issues

Your software
My Mautic version is: 2.16.2
My PHP version is: 7.2
NGINX webserver

Your problem
My problem is:
I am trying to migrate a mautic instance from AWS to Digital Ocean.
I have made a tar of the mautic directory, made a dump of the sql and copied everything to new server.
Created new DB with permissions for mauticuser and my password
I went and checked local.php that all the information is correct.
Went to the site and get the Database connection error (code #0).
Checked the mautic.error log and see there is a problem connecting to the DB.
Did a manual connect to the DB with user and password and localhost and am able to access it.
Changed localhost in local.php to 127.0.0.1 and still unable to connect.
Cleared cache before each try.

These errors are showing in the log:
PHP message: Database connection error (code #0) - in file /var/www/mautic/app/AppKernel.php - at line 128" while reading response header from upstream, client: 46.116.237.17, server: mydomain.com, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock:”, host: “mydomain.com

2020/07/14 10:24:12 [error] 11124#11124: *49 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘mauticuser’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) in /var/www/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:43

Stack trace:

#0 /var/www/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php(43): PDO->__construct(‘mysql:host=127…’, ‘mauticuser’, ‘MYPASSWORD’, Array)

#1 /var/www/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOMySql/Driver.php(44): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOConnection->__construct(‘mysql:host=127…’, ‘mauticuser’, ‘MYPASSWORD’, Array)

#2 /var/www/mautic/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Connection.php(360): Doctrine\DBAL\Driver\PDOMySql\Driver->connect(Array, ‘mauticuser’, ‘MYPASSWORD’, Array)

#3 /var/www/mautic/app/AppKernel.php(125): Doctrine\DBAL\Connection->connect()

#4 /var/www/mautic/app/middlewares/CORSMiddleware.php(93): AppKernel->handle(Object(Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Request), 1, true)

#5 /var/www/mautic/app/middlewares/CatchExceptionMiddlew…

PHP message: Database connection error (code #0) - in file /var/www/mautic/app/AppKernel.php - at line 128" while reading response header from upstream, client: 46.116.237.17, server: mydomain.com, request: “GET / HTTP/1.1”, upstream: “fastcgi://unix:/run/php/php7.2-fpm.sock:”, host: “mydomain.com

Steps I have tried to fix the problem:
Changing local.php file to 127.0.0.1
Clearing Cache before each try

have you changed the credentials in your local.php file? I would verify they were correct there as a starting point.

Hi Thanks for the reply. That was the first thing I did. Also checked manual connection with credentials. Nothing worked.

I actually solved it about an hour ago. What I did was a clean install of mautic-2.16.2, went through the entire installation process. Then I imported the sql database, cleared cache and all seems to look fine. Tomorrow I will start some testing to make sure everything is working in order.