Mjml dynamic / mjml-html

This is still an issue with 4.4.5. I was able to execute @robm 's commands, but not @adiux 's shortcut. I think @adiux is on the right track, though, that it’s an issue with the github build.

Ok, not so consistently. I followed @robm’s process to a T on 4 servers. It worked great on 2 of them, and didn’t make a difference on 2 of them. The two that worked are very slightly different from the two that didn’t, mostly at an OS level.

I have tried @robm suggestion as well as @adiux but neither of them are working for me, getting a fail on file/directory installing.

I have also noticed some fixes on GitHub, but am not really sure how to go about implementing or testing them correctly.
This one I just replaced the files: https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/11319
Unsure of what do do with this one: Add dynamic content to the Email Builder in MJML mode by adiux · Pull Request #26 · mautic/grapesjs-preset-mautic · GitHub

I am running Mautic 4.4.4

There was 1 version of Mautic (maybe 4.4.4) which included an older grapesjs editor. The new versions all have the one with dynamic content for mjml. (I learned this from @rcheesley , during a watercooler chat - benefit of the in-person sprints :slight_smile:

1 Like

@joeyk anyway to fix this in 4.4.4 with a patch that is out there. I have successfully got this working on a number of instances, however we have an instance running ubuntu 18.04 and I am struggling with it, we do not want to upgrade to a later version of Mautic.

When I follow the commands above I get the following output:

> grapesjsbuilderbundle@1.0.0 build /var/www/mautic/plugins/GrapesJsBuilderBundle
> parcel build Assets/library/js/builder.js --out-dir Assets/library/js/dist --public-url ./

sh: 1: parcel: not found

npm ERR! Linux 5.4.0-1103-aws
npm ERR! argv "/usr/bin/node" "/usr/bin/npm" "run" "build"
npm ERR! node v8.10.0
npm ERR! npm  v3.5.2
npm ERR! file sh
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall spawn
npm ERR! grapesjsbuilderbundle@1.0.0 build: `parcel build Assets/library/js/builder.js --out-dir Assets/library/js/dist --public-url ./`
npm ERR! spawn ENOENT
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Failed at the grapesjsbuilderbundle@1.0.0 build script 'parcel build Assets/library/js/builder.js --out-dir Assets/library/js/dist --public-url ./'.
npm ERR! Make sure you have the latest version of node.js and npm installed.
npm ERR! If you do, this is most likely a problem with the grapesjsbuilderbundle package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     parcel build Assets/library/js/builder.js --out-dir Assets/library/js/dist --public-url ./
npm ERR! You can get information on how to open an issue for this project with:
npm ERR!     npm bugs grapesjsbuilderbundle
npm ERR! Or if that isn't available, you can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls grapesjsbuilderbundle
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! Please include the following file with any support request:
npm ERR!     /var/www/mautic/plugins/GrapesJsBuilderBundle/npm-debug.log

I can’t help with that, but maybe @adiux ?