Dynamic Content Default Variation Not Saving in 4.12

Your software
My Mautic version is: 4.1.2
My PHP version is:7.4
My Database type and version is: Mysql 5.7

Your problem
My problem is: I create an email template in using Blank template. In this template, I add a dynamic content block. I create 1 default variation + 3 additional variations. Save the template.

Upon reload the default variation is gone, but the 3 additional variations are in place.

These errors are showing in the log: none

Steps I have tried to fix the problem: I diagnosed by sending a test email to see if the default variation showed, and just didn’t show in the template editor but the test email didn’t show ANY dynamic content variation at all. So it appears that it just didn’t save it at all.

Hi, can you try an MJML template, like Brienz?

Hi Joeyk,
So I tried this as well. I had the grapesjs plugin enabled initially - and then turned it off because Dynamic Content didnt work at all. I could drag the Dyanmic Content area onto the template, but no default variation appeared in the slot editor, and nothing happened when I clicked Add Variation.

My solution was to simply disable GrapesJS, use the core Mautic functionality - which worked - but revealed the issue I reported with the default variation not sticking upon save.

As of 4.2 - it seems that the dynamic content with GrapesJS is working. But without the plugin, the same issue with the not saving of the default content still persists in core Mautic.

I haven’t tested the 4.2 release yet. I saw the PR it was working there.
I’ll check it out.

I suggest to use Twig Templates plugin from mtc extendee.

We tested with 4.2.1 and its still an issue with the legacy editor.
This is the related bug: Dyanmic Content not working proplerly since last update · Issue #10540 · mautic/mautic · GitHub