Multi-select Field Type

Are there any plans to support multi-select field type for leads. For example, say I want to segment my leads by their interest area. I do not want to create lots of boolean fields for each interest area, I want a multi-select field where I can choose 1 or more interest areas. And I want to be able to import these from a CSV file.

Are there any plans to support multi-select field type for leads. For example, say I want to segment my leads by their interest area. I do not want to create lots of boolean fields for each interest area, I want a multi-select field where I can choose 1 or more interest areas. And I want to be able to import these from a CSV file.

hi @chrdunne You can use the option aviable in Select Fields > The List Multi-Select field

Go to form > Create Form > Add a field > Select > Propiertis > Allow Multiple
Screen shot
http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/823631/9582ee44bb572e3ea8e27875a444cbde

Thanks for that. I wasn’t aware of this but it only seems to be available for Forms.

In my scenario I want to upload 1000’s of lead contact records from a CSV file. I want the ability to go into Mautic and manually edit the contact, in particular I want to be able to select different Interests from a drop down list (multi-select). For example, one of our sales/marketing people might decide that based on a conversation with a contact, they have a particular interest, and would then change that field.

Then I want to have Smart Lists, for example, 1 per interest. The Smart List would have a filter which would select contacts with the corresponding interest and this would in turn trigger a Drip Email campaign.

But perhaps there are other ways to achieve what I am looking for.

Thanks for your help
Chris

If you go to the edit page for any lead (Manage Leads->Choose ‘Edit’ from the dropdown to the left of the lead’s name), you’ll find that any multi-select fields appear as dropdowns when you click on them.

Thanks for the reply. But I can only see single select drop downs.

If I go to Manage Fields and create a new field I don’t see any option to make the select list type into a multi-select list.

Chris

[quote=5624:@chrdunne]Thanks for the reply. But I can only see single select drop downs.
If I go to Manage Fields and create a new field I don’t see any option to make the select list type into a multi-select list.
Chris[/quote]
Hi Chris,
Have you found any solution to this?
It appears that multi-select for customs field is coming in the next release 2.2
https://github.com/mautic/mautic/pull/2351