Multi Tenant Mautic

Hello guys.
I had converted Mautic into multi tenant application.
Now each and every user has their own database.
When a user navigates to the application, based on the url, he will be connected to his database.

After this, i have a doubt like every user’s data should aslo bee different.
There are many files getting creating dynamically like the prod folder inside the cache. How can i differentiate these folders from user to user ? where are the configuration for this file located ?
Please help me out with this.

1 Like

I’d sure like to talk to you about that.

Hi Guys,

maybe this should help you https://mtcextendee.com/marketplace/multiple/

3 Likes

If you need Mautic for multiple clients or departments, consider replication instead of multi-tenant / multitenancy, here’s why:

https://mauteam.org/infrastructure/which-is-the-best-way-to-run-mautic-for-agencies/

The basic advantages are security, scalability, portability and the ability to modify a specific customer’s code and/or settings individually.

Cheers!

3 Likes

@Yosu_Cadilla
To us, multi-tenant also refers to multiple Mautic instances running on the same virtual machine.
Although Mautic’s community edition does not support multi-tenancy in the sense that multiple organizations share a single instance (of the running code), running multiple instances on the same hardware is very well supported by solutions such as LXC/LXD or Docker containers.

3 Likes

Link didn’t work, re-posting…

To follow up on our earlier article, Docker has really pulled ahead as the preferred way of deploying multiple instances of Mautic on a unified infrastructure at scale.

With Docker, the manageability of multiple Mautic containers from a centralized interface is second-to-none. The abundance of open source tooling (e.g. control panel, image registry, edge router, storage drivers) that receive updates & new features all the time, reflects the size and strength of the Docker ecosystem.

By comparison, the tools around the LXC project are not being actively maintained, with the LXC Web Panel repo having not received any commits since Dec 2017. At this point, there’s no guarantee it is safe (or stable) to deploy the LXC Web Panel in production. For security reasons, if we had to try using it, we would only expose the tool on the local interface and access it over a SSH tunnel. In fact, it may not even be compatible with the current version of LXC.

With Docker, one can even containerize other related apps such as SuiteCRM, deploy them on the same cluster, and integrate them with Mautic. If we were to advise a customer investing in a brand new multi-tenant solution for Mautic, we would certainly recommend going with Docker instead of LXC.

@autoize

May I ask, as someone new (haven’t installed Mautic yet) with no programming skills but a good ability to follow tutorials :slight_smile: – would you recommend hosting Mautic on a VPS with Docker for future proofing, possibly local hosting and doing upgrades locally then copying over to the cloud if all goes well, etc (as best practice when updates come out)? (Also thinking of hosting iredmail in the same vps instance (also with Docker?)) – and possibly a Wordpress site or two.

I was searching for the up-to-date Docker file for Mautic you mentioned in another thread, but I can only find old ones? Do you still maintain a docker image?

Is using Docker adding additional CPU + RAM load to the server?

As a non-techie, am I best to stay away from Docker because it adds another layer of complexity?

Just looking for the best way to get started and future proofing without pulling my hair out down the line…

Thank you!

Hi,
check these guys:

https://hub.docker.com/r/autoize/mautic/

I went the LXD way, worked out for me.
Good luck!

Thanks, @joeyk – after more contemplation I’m thinking to just install normally without containers … I just can’t wrap my head around it at this stage … Stretched to capacity just thinking about a normal install let alone another piece of software :slight_smile:

My last presentation on this topic goes a bit deeper than what we’ve already discussed around here, thanks guys for the inspiration!

1 Like