Single Mautic Fileset with Multiple Instances SaaS

At the moment I have multiple systems installed with one system for each client.

Essentially, I’d like to have one file set but multiple databases, I’m assuming creating a new config file per logged in user would load their own settings and allow them to use the same file set with their own data, this would help maintain only one file set rather than multiple.

I’d be looking to have the system setup on something like app.domain.com and if I created a CMS plugin for mautic I could essentially provide a SaaS system for a CMS and integrated Mautic.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

If anyone has experience in doing this I’d be happy to get you involved on a paid basis, I can then learn on the way.

Thanks

Derek

At the moment I have multiple systems installed with one system for each client.

Essentially, I’d like to have one file set but multiple databases, I’m assuming creating a new config file per logged in user would load their own settings and allow them to use the same file set with their own data, this would help maintain only one file set rather than multiple.

I’d be looking to have the system setup on something like app.domain.com and if I created a CMS plugin for mautic I could essentially provide a SaaS system for a CMS and integrated Mautic.

Any ideas how I can achieve this?

If anyone has experience in doing this I’d be happy to get you involved on a paid basis, I can then learn on the way.

Thanks
Derek

Hi @DerekBuntin,

What you are doing, I think is the right thing to do and what every agency is doing out there:

It is possible to make Mautic a true multi-tenant application, however, not one single company, not even Acquia (to my knowledge) uses this method because it would mean rewriting a great deal of Mautic and it would become very expensive to maintain over time.

What we all do instead, is just what you are doing: Multi-instantiation (also called replication), we create an external (to Mautic) wrapper that allows launching and running multiple copies of Mautic with ease, one for each of your clients.

Here is a blog post where I explain the differences and the main 2 options you have for doing this:

And here’s an overview of the basics on how to do this:

2 Likes

Just an update on the topic with a few more information about why cloning/replication might be a better approach than multitenancy: